Excuse to Drive?

truWarier02

Reaction score
Often times I find myself making excuses just to go out for a drive. When I do, most of the time I have no destination in mind and I'll, for instance, grab a drink at Starbucks to justify the drive out even though I shouldn't feel the need to justify the trip. I know 6GA and exhilerating/fun don't belong in the same sentence but I just enjoy cruising around town in my car, listening to music, sipping iced coffee, etc. I find it relaxing and it clears my mind.

Anyone else share this feeling?

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do quite often too
I find it very relaxing and depending where I end up driving to it can be fun with some spirited driving throughout

Brad2274

Reaction score
yup, usually i hear a good song on soundcloud or something and i jump in my car to drive and blast it(my car's stereo setup is better than anything i have at home) mostly it's an excuse to drive. usually i end up with a slurpee or i might meet the car buddies at the froyo place :lawl: sometimes i throw my car hard into turns on the way because i love teh slides :roflsquared:

DrOwZee

Reaction score
I do this sometimes. When i'm up late at night and cant sleep, ill drive down to PCH and cruise. You should cruise down and grab some boba with me in OC. I'm usually in Rosemead, arcadia etc every other week. Lets meet up my dude.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
One of my favorite things to do after a wash. I drive out of the city and basically try to get lost and look for good driving roads. And I’ll search for interesting places to snap some photos of the car. Windows down, music up, sunny day….heaven.

Haven’t done it in awhile…

I do this sometimes. When i'm up late at night and cant sleep, ill drive down to PCH and cruise. You should cruise down and grab some boba with me in OC. I'm usually in Rosemead, arcadia etc every other week. Lets meet up my dude.

God I wish I could drive PCH, just once. Probably never will, at least with my own car. It looked so glorious in Cruisin USA. :lawl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I just got my car back on the road after almost 3 years.

Pretty much need no excuse other than that to drive it.

Although, a few nights ago, McDonald's apple pies were my excuse!

:lawl:

*sidenote* Cruisin' is an AWESOME game!

Momentum

Reaction score
All the time. Especially with one of my main roads being newly paved. Smoking is usually my excuse or to fill up.

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
I love driving my car just for fun, but also its a huge stress reliever for me. Any time the world gets too heavy I will go for a spirited drive around our Houston freeways, always helps me clear my head..

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i find excuses to NOT drive :lawl:

if i can get my wife to drive, tht would be the best scenario :lawl:

[email protected].

Reaction score
I think it's just part of how our brains are wired, that we like to be in motion. It might be a bike, a cycle, a trane or a plane, we like to be mobile. Add in the idea that we can control that motion, and the sense of freedom it brings, and it's all good.

Back