F23A4 vs F23A1 exhaust flex pipe differences.

joe green

Reaction score
I need to replace the entire exhaust on my 2002 Accord automatic with the F23A4 California emissions. I have found this exhaust
https://www.upsw.com/2002-accord-lx...s-steel-exhaust-front-pipe-resonator-muffler/
The issue is is that this exhaust is for a federal emissions vehicle. I would like to know what the difference between the federal and California emissions front flex pipe are and if this federal emissions exhaust would fit my vehicle?

weewillie

Reaction score
i have a 1999 A1 (not california) and just replaced the "B" pipe (i think that's what it's called - the first pipe 90 degree bend from exhaust manifold to the cat converter - includes the flex joint).
After looking at a lot of on-line sites i decided to use AutoZone which was competitive price and you can return it if it doesn't fit.
Ended up fitting, length and subtle bends wise, perfectly but the bracket was a little too short so i had to slot the holes.
That UPSW web site looked legit. Maybe call them up with your VIN and see if they can 'guarantee' it'll fit
Regarding difference between Cal and Fed, doesn't it have to do with the O2 sensor location? My 1999 has the O2 right on the Cat converter

Back