Fat-to-5k

Discussion in 'Life Lessons' started by MikeyMike, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I'm right there with ya man. Same size and everything, I just need motivation.

I'm glad we think alike in that we need to lose weight so we can outrun the zombies WHEN that happens. ;)

2. turbo_911

turbo_911 Well-Known Member

Good luck Mike, looking forward to see updates and how it will work out for you.

When I tried to gain weight, it worked for a year but then got tired and kind of quit, as I am hard to motivate. It won't be easy but can be accomplished.

3. MikeyMike

MikeyMike Well-Known Member

Rule #1: Cardio

"When the zombie epidemic began, for obvious reasons, the fatties were the 1st to go"

4. SykVSyx

SykVSyx Well-Known Member

Mike, very admirable and inspirational for many of us that want to do something, but fail to get started.

That is usually the hard part, to actually get started and keep it up.

Definately happy to see you want to take care of yourself, and fully support you in your goal.

Looking forward to regular updates and wish you all the best as you start on this journey.

5. NocturnalEvo

NocturnalEvo Well-Known Member

Along with working out, a big helper in losing weight (as you already seem to know) is cutting out or minimizing carb intake.

In the past year and a half I went from 233 to 150 with almost no exercise (although i do need to get out and exercise more). I started off following the South Beach diet, but after a few weeks just applied the basic principles and discipline of the diet to my meals (meaning i didn't follow it to the t), and I still ended up losing a few lbs a week, every week. So along with working out, check out the south beach diet, as well as the weight watchers program. I've seen that work out very well for a couple of friends and co-workers.

Best of luck to you!

Btw that marathon sounds awesome! Big TWD fan as well lol :)

6. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Werd, lol.

My work gave everybody free memberships to the premier gym in town so I literally have NO EXCUSE. I hurt my back a few months back and I have a bum knee; those are my only excuses. But exercise will only help them get better and losing weight will put less strain on them. SO, like I said, I have no excuse. I just need to quit being a pansy and go.

Ive been dieting for quite some time now and Ive lost a few pounds here and there but I know that if I really wanna roll off the LBs, I need to sweat and work out.

I honestly hope you stick it out and follow through. I made a "Weight Loss/Get in shape" thread on another forum, like 2 years ago, and I havent changed much since then. I see it everytime I search my threads and it makes me disappoint. So, stick with it and good luck.

7. bagoon316

bagoon316 Well-Known Member

It's a lot of work, mostly for me its the eating issue.

I work full time 8-5 at a desk, and some nights I have school. So my dinners consist of something unhealthy between work and school, or something somewhat healthy late at night. both are bad.

i topped out at 285lbs standing at 6' tall. summer of 2010 i started playing soccer again, in an adult over 30 league, once a week. that was the only working out i did, and i dropped 25 lbs in the 2 months of the league. i wanted to keep going, i started gymming with my roommate at the time, and lost another 15lbs or so, down to a good 245-250. keep in mind, i dont keep to a strict diet as i should, i do eat a lot better than i used to, but when the weekends come, its food and drinking. not heavy drinking, but damnit, i love my captain morgan.

anyways, through the end of last spring (2011), when electrical school ended, by now i was playing soccer in different leagues, once a week year round, i decided to pick up p90x when i could. didnt follow it to an exact tee, but got down to where i'm at now, 225-230 depending the day (water intake, if i've **** or not, so on so forth).

the point of all this, is just to say, if you want to drop it fast, you have to be strict. mine has been slow coming, almost 2 years and i'm down a good 50 lbs. i feel healthier, not as tired, more energy, even with full time work and school.

my goal is warrior dash next winter coming up (as well as my wedding in February). i really would like to be below 200 lbs. so i've again started p90x, and really trying to find the time, and doing it to a tee.

good luck to ya, and here's my own personal motivation, so you can see my 285 "carried well" as i was told also, to my 225.

to the left - 285ish lbs.
    [​IMG]

to the right - 225ish lbs.
    [​IMG]

even my brother, shown opposite ends, was same as me, well not as heavy. think he got to 225 and is now down to 185. he's an inch taller at 6'1", but i'm broader/wider.

8. CrosCntryAccord

CrosCntryAccord Well-Known Member

9. juiCyyaccOrd

juiCyyaccOrd Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member