Fat-to-5k

Discussion in 'Life Lessons' started by MikeyMike, Mar 27, 2012.

1. 2000BlackCoupe

2000BlackCoupe Well-Known Member

my biggest problem is that i love ****ty food :lawl: i need to get on that...although i havent eaten (much) fast food for lent, and ive lost a few pounds just by cutting that out. hopefully i'll lose some more when i start biking everywhere

2. Sleeper Cell

Sleeper Cell No more CG Squad!!!

Mike, do you drink beer or hard liquor at all? If so, how often? And be serious with your response. I have a friend that told us all that he would stop drinking and whatnot because he felt it was unhealthy for him but he still drank a lot. He finally came to terms with his problems recently so he doesn't drink AS much but if you stop drinking alcohol along with a healthy diet you'll lose some more pounds.

3. GoldnKnight22

GoldnKnight22 TWM:TLMF

4. bagoon316

bagoon316 Well-Known Member

for sure, cutting back beer/liquor will def help lose weight. same with sugar drinks, and sugar in general. i still drink diet, but not as much as i used to drink regular sodas. more water than soda now. also i read to "eat" your water, such as apples for example.

5. Sleeper Cell

Yup. Sodas and juice are the devil, despite how tasty they are. It kills me to see an ice cold Coke or Mountain Dew chilling there but in the end those things are bad for you. Once in a while won't do you any harm but don't get in the habit of drinking sugary drinks.

6. MikeyMike

MikeyMike Well-Known Member

honestly, i was never a heavy drinker... i consider my friends alcoholics lol....

i was never a fan of beer unless it was beer pong which was only a few weekends throughout the summer. I was always a vokda guy... i used to drink greygoose/sprite a lot, and then i started stoli-o/club.... but since january i honestly cant remember the last time ive DRANK... I've always drank water since i was like 12. Its 90% of what i drank, now its like 99.9%...

I'm going to start the 5k app on monday morning before work. That way I have the stamina to do it. The way i feel at the gym on the weekends(i go at 9am) compared to how i feel during the week (i go post 7pm) are two different worlds. I've been waking up 6 every day since im 4.. my life had virtually the same schedule throughout whether it be school-highschool-trade school-work etc. Im going to start getting up and hour earlier, headed to the local highschool and doing the app. Its gonna be 25-45 minutes a morning 3 days a week. I feel like in the AM i would be able to do that, and go to work ok. If i do it after work I know i wont stick to it because im always exhausted from work...

I just came home from the gym now and ready everyones posts. Thanks for the backing. I did 600+ calories 4+ miles on the elipticle... my knee has been swollen for a few days so i didnt want the abuse of the tredmill. I have some steaks on the grille and im STARVING lol.....

Im going to make video clips before and after each session, and at the end put it all together and hopefully the 1st part of the video and the end of the video are two completely different people lol....

7. Sleeper Cell

It's good that you aren't drinking much and only drink water. That'll seriously help you reach your goals. Push hard!

8. MikeyMike

lol that public humiliation site was awesome

"if you're the kind of person who can stay skinny no matter how much you eat or what you eat, I hope you ****ing die in a fire." thats my favorite part caz i feel that way lol

9. CrosCntryAccord

CrosCntryAccord Well-Known Member

same here dude, same here

10. MikeyMike

woke up @ 4:30, got ready, was at the highschool for 5am

Week 1 Day 1 done... its cold in the mornings lol

5 min warmup (stretch brisk walk)
    1 min jog, 1.5 min walk (6 times/15 minutes)
    5 min cool down

my "partner" no showed which im not shocked by lol so ya. Wednesday is Day 2, which will also be my 2 a day

Im going to try and see how i balance it with my normal gym routine which was tues/wed/thurs/sat/sun

Monday - 5am run
    Tuesday - PM gym
    Wednesday - 5am run /PM gym
    Thursday - PM gym or softball (depending on time)
    Friday - 5am run
    Saturday - AM gym
    Sunday - AM gym or softball (depending on time)

Since the thread was started I lost an additional 9 lbs, which im just going to classify under water weight considering i started going hard again. Im at 289 from the origianal 315 in late January