Fat-to-5k

Discussion in 'Life Lessons' started by MikeyMike, Mar 27, 2012.

1. SykVSyx

SykVSyx Well-Known Member

Mike, I appreciate the 'New York happiness' in most of your pics. :lawl:

The progress is awesome, man. Glad to see you sticking to it and seeing results.

2. Sleeper Cell

Sleeper Cell No more CG Squad!!!

Mike, do you have Netflix? Watch the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. The person doing the documentary has a pretty incredible transformation, along with a very awesome twist halfway through. I don't want to spoil it but if you haven't already, start eating more fruits and veggies. :)

3. hotaccord243

hotaccord243 Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, How's the progress?

Just thought i'd let you know I ran a 5k just yesterday morning, and it was tough, but had my best time I have ever had. Just trying to give my encouragement that it is possible!

Never in a million years would I think I would be able to do that....

4. MikeyMike

MikeyMike Well-Known Member

So I've been MIA a while... Weight I'm still about the same. I tapered off of running just because the level of stress my knees were taking. I stopped going to the gym for about a month... Many of u will say WTF WHY?? But I have good reason....

3 weeks ago I joined Steve Sohns Jujitsu concepts on Scarsdale NY. I've been taking their Muay Thai and bag classes, they also offer "extreme fitness kickboxing" which is a ridiculous calorie burning workout. But most of us are creeps and just watch all the chicks in yoga pants from upstairs where muay Thai usually trains. It has brazilian jujitsu and krav maga also... I cant do the bjj right now with my knee, but i hope to in the future.

I get twice the workout of the gym, to the point where I am dripping in sweat when I leave.. And it's soooooooo much fun. MMA has always had my interest, so I can't wait to go to class! I'm actually mad they are closed today for the holiday lol

im still around 285/290 depending on when I weigh myself, occasional i have cheat days to keep myself sane but size wise I'm definitely dropping. All my friends are telling me I am, I personally don't really see it but I prob never will..... My face is getting very slim, double chin going away.... My shirts are dropping in size, I used to wear 3x average in any kind of shirt, to where most 2x fits me comfortably now. Dropping a notch or 2 on belts etc.....

My friend who was my size in highschool and now is very slim and fit kind of became my nutritionist lol... My main MAIN issue is still calorie intake through out the day... My maintenance carlories are 3200ish, so my dieting should be 2400-2700.. I KNOW I don't hit that mark daily (unless it's with junk) and I'm trying my hardest to change that....

But I still feel a lot better, I stopped looking at the scale because staying around the same weight is a disasspointment but feeling better and "looking" better is what keeps me going... My stomach isn't as "solid" as it used to be and day today my knees are feeling better... Running will pick up again in pace soon because I still want to run the 5k October. We were actually talking about it last night. So this was a friendly check in since I've been gone a while....

Fyi I still have my car also... I got to the point where if I sell it I sell it, if not o well. :rock:

5. MikeyMike

279.. Slowly coming off but I haven't seen a 7 since high school...

Sprained ankle and toe on opposite feet but what you gonna do #MuayThaiProblems

6. CrosCntryAccord

CrosCntryAccord Well-Known Member

keep it up man, its gonna take some time and work but you'll be glad you stuck it out in the end

7. MikeyMike

So i had the worst thing that could happen to me happen.... Sunday (day before my birthday) i tore the meniscus in my knee again warming up for a softball game.. Just throwing the ball around i stepped wrong and pop..... And of course, i tear it in a spot where it will not heal itself....

So now im lost, i have no insurance, and no idea how i am going to pay for surgery.... Now if i sell the car, that money would be going towards surgery rather then what i really wanted it to go towards.....

Diet became 100xs more important now since i cant get my activity levels up there anymore.. Im really upset that i cant train anymore... Anyways yea, reporting in on the epic fail that my life has turned into lol

8. ReggieReGGCG2

ReggieReGGCG2 Well-Known Member

Iv'e been keeping an eye on this thread to get some ideas to help out a friend trying to do the same as you. Congrats on the progress you've made so far,but im sorry to hear about that last incident. Hope things work out in your favor Mike.

9. MikeyMike

so i go the 8th for surgery.. i thought id go to the surgeon and he'd tell me some number like $14,000 because i have no insurance. But since my mom's office reffers everyone to him, and hes known my mom and me forever (hes done 2 previous surgeries on me) he told me he would do it free of charge. He said the hospital likes to do enough of them pro-bono(reduced fee or free) a year so why not mine...

soon to be BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

10. LeAccord

LeAccord Well-Known Member

Wow, congratulations Mike. It's great that your doctor is willing to do it free of charge for you. Hope you recover well and soon after the surgery.

Btw, I really love your car haha.