Few tuning questions

atvfreak19902

Reaction score
I have a 99 AV6 with an Injen short ram intake, and headers. I want to take the resonator out and go straight to a single outlet muffler. So I would like to fine tune it to get the optimum performance out of it, even though I understand it isn't much. I searched, but didn't exactly find what I was looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, a buddy of mine gave me an Apexi VAFC. Downfall, he left the harness in the car when he sold it. Whats the best/cheapest route in getting a hold on one?

Now, anyone know of anyone that will install this and tune it in Connecticut? I looked into EFI logics, but it seems that they only specialize in Mitsubishi, Subaru, and Ford.

eggs

Reaction score
I have a 99 AV6 with an Injen short ram intake, and headers. I want to take the resonator out and go straight to a single outlet muffler. So I would like to fine tune it to get the optimum performance out of it, even though I understand it isn't much. I searched, but didn't exactly find what I was looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, a buddy of mine gave me an Apexi VAFC. Downfall, he left the harness in the car when he sold it. Whats the best/cheapest route in getting a hold on one?

Now, anyone know of anyone that will install this and tune it in Connecticut? I looked into EFI logics, but it seems that they only specialize in Mitsubishi, Subaru, and Ford.

you could try and call driversport
121 Stillwater Road
Mahopac, NY 10541-2834
(845) 621-2393

its a vw tuning shop but they might be able to help you out there

Crono139

Reaction score
Boomslang > *

I don't know which V-AFC you have, so I'll just link you to their homepage: http://www.boomslang.us/

As for the tuning, any shop with a dyno should suffice.

atvfreak19902

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yea, my friend thats giving me the V-AFC is going to spot me the money for the boomslang harness. Is mine OBD2A or B?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
vafc is not gonna work.... after u tune it with the vafc, the ecu will retune itself

atvfreak19902

Reaction score
Why wouldn't the vafc work? On apexi's website it says the j30a is and application.
http://www.apexi-usa.com/content/pdf6130.pdf
Any idea on which obd2?
And thank you Crono139, the only thing I ever read was that it wasn't worth buying it without more modifications... It's being given to me and I'm going with my family to a buick meet in Cecil, MD and there is open racing. I want to see what it will do with as much as i can by then. Unfortunately this stop and shop paycheck is killing me...

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

XX Tuning in East Hartford. They primarily deal with Subarus and DSM's but that should be able to do it with no problem. I would suggest giving them a call, they should be able to answer all your questions.

Back