Finally lowered on Tein Basics 56k

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
So a lot of you guys been telling me to drop my car for almost a year, I finally got around to doing it. I bought these lightly used tein basic coilovers for a good price from a member off here.

I installed these myself. All together, on a difficulty scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 7. Just because I had to compress the old springs myself to get the tops hats off with this crappy tool I rented at autozone. Other than that, it was a pretty smooth installation. If anyone on here needs help how to do it, there is DIY or go to www.Filtsai.com and there is a guide.

I have to roll the rear fender and shave the metal tab that holds the bumper on. When I corner hard, it rubs in the back a little.

I will get an alignment as soon as I can, I have two other cars, so I will just leave it in the garage until I have time to get that taken care off.

Here are some pix of the drop

Picture408.jpg

********The rear has been adjusted already to match the front.*********

Picture409.jpg

Wheel gap, about a finger and a half.
Picture412.jpg

I had to relocate my o2 bung or else it would have bottomed out and took my o2 sensor. That would not have been good.
Picture413.jpg

*********UPDATE, I just lowered my car to the lowest setting**************
Picture415.jpg

Last edited:

slow f23

Reaction score
looks good.. that's what im lowered on. i love the ride, just doesnt go low enough. Im going to be changing for ksports or ff type 2s next summer.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
looks good brother, glad to see you're getting closer to having something rip off your car while you drive :thumbup:

Johnson

Reaction score
looks good.
i'm tucked in the front and no gap in the rear and im not rubbing:thinking:
does dampening effect rubbing?

Back