Footwell Lights - Some Advice Needed

Max

Reaction score
Well, I've heard about footwell lights and decided to try to do it on my own. I used two other DIYs to help guide me on this because I couldn't find one specific to what I'm doing anywhere else.

One of those DIY's was for LED's in the footwell but was wired to a switch (the one on filtsai.com). I wanted mine to turn on with the courtesy lights, each on its own door. On another DIY, it was for the Sill/Kick plates that light up. That guy was able to make them work to turn on with the courtesy lights, but he didn't specify where he hooked up the positive and negative wires. He said he winged it but I thought that was completely careless, seeing that he may short circuit his electrical somewhere if he somehow wired it wrong, possibly causing lots of service bills. :ughrun: His DIY was here: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17119

If someone can tell me where the positive and negative wires go into which harness in one of the fuse boxes for the courtesy lights, I would be forever grateful. OR if you have some different strategy of hooking them up, please let me know. I promise to do a DIY if someone can help me figure out this one problem.

Thanks

This is the picture of the harness that was used in the Door Sill for the DIY that was posted on 6GA. Somehow he winged this:
DSCN5566.jpg

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: Footwell Lights - Some Advise Needed

Here's a different strategy - just hook it up to the battery directly, and you'll be all set. You can even use the power wire later to tap into, if you need a power source from inside your car. I have my green foot lights hooked up that way.

Max

Reaction score

You have your lights hooked up to your battery directly? Doesn't that mean they would never turn off unless you had a switch or you disconnected it from the battery?

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score

how about removing the door cover to see the colors of the courtesy light wires or trace the wires back?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

how about removing the door cover to see the colors of the courtesy light wires or trace the wires back?

This is also a good idea.

Max, the foot lights that I have came with a switch wired in already, so all I do is connect (+) and (-) to battery. Then I used the main line to tap into for power as well for other usages.

Max

Reaction score

@xi0utlawstarix:
Thanks for the tip. I'll try that :thumbup:

@RussianRed:
Ohhhmk I was confused cuz I want mine to come on with the courtesy lights soo

Thanks for the help tho :)

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

cant u take off the plastic things inside ur door and find the wire that leads to the light and tap it together?

Max

Reaction score

You mean the fuse boxes?

There are SO many wires in there. You would be really lucky to find the courtesy light wires that way.

Back