Fuel and brake line replacement...can anyone help?

SKIandSKY262

Reaction score
My first post---

I have a 2002 Honda Accord I got in a trade in 2009. It's my daily driver and I love the car. Anyway...my fuel and brake lines are very rusted....how do I go about replacing those?

I intend to use copper-nickel line and I have a tube bender, a double flare kit, and I have a set of "tube bending pliers" from Eastwood on backorder.

Is there a step-by-step thread on this?

Is there a tool to unsnap the long plastic tray that protects the long run of lines under the car?

Matt Taylor

Reaction score
That seems like overkill for lines that are a bit corroded but still holding pressure and not leaking. What about spraying a rust inhibitor onto the lines? PB Blaster is a rust inhibitor that puts a protective anti rust coating onto the things it treats. I would just spray them with the PB Blaster and wipe them off. It might be worth a try before completely remaking all of the lines. Other ideas that come to mind is to find a clean set at the yard and go pop off the plastic piece on the donor car, that way if you break it, you know what not to do one the one on your car. Something else that comes to mind is to use steel braided lines for the entire length, no bending tools required but you will need to know how to make proper compression fitting connections using a vice and box wrench to tighten the fitting and line it up with the center hex pattern for a professional look.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to drop the rear subframe to get to those lines back there. You can still buy the lines from Honda (get me your vin and I'll look them up) or use the Nickel/Copper lines and fittings from SUR&R.

Back