Fuel Light always on?

MyEvo08

Reaction score
check your gas tank check if they closed it right maybe that will work ..

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^True. Beat me to it. I think it comes on around 1.2 - 1.5 gallons. I've experimented with this a lot, lol.

pattywak

Reaction score
so the needle will be one E or under E for a while before the fuel light comes on?
Honestly I didn't even know we had one...mine has never came on before and it's been on E many times before.

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
Top off = keep filling gas even though the pump already clicked.

not really just round it up :
if it stops at $35.13 i will pump it to 35.25 or 35.50

Your needle probably isnt right. You probably only put about 13-14 gallons in, but your tank can hold 17. The gas light doesnt come on until I think there is less than 2 gallons left... Even though your needle reads "E" you still have plenty of gas left.

ummmm? every time i have filled it up it only takes like 15.6 gallons

so the needle will be one E or under E for a while before the fuel light comes on?
Honestly I didn't even know we had one...mine has never came on before and it's been on E many times before.

mine doesn't come on:poke:

^^ ok so i am not the only one that hasnt seen it

cajun

Reaction score

Mine comes on before the needle hits E.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

yes. no one's needle is off, that's just how it's calibrated. I've never messed with mine and that's what it does. The light comes in a little under E.

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
yes. no one's needle is off, that's just how it's calibrated. I've never messed with mine and that's what it does. The light comes in a little under E.

well there is some thing wrong with mine cause today my needle was at E.
then on the way home i stoped at the atm and all of a sudden the car starts jerking ????
so i pull away to go get gas (keep in mind the light still hasnt come on at 356 miles to the tank )
then it starts violently jerking and would hardly move???
i then throw the car in neutral and coast to the gas station as i costingl up to the pump the car shuts off

fill up and it only takes 16.1 gallons ???:eekwtf:

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
just got off the phone with my dad and he said he has never seen the light come on in my car b4 (thinks its a blown bulb) also told me he has gotten from 375-400 mile out of one tank
i barely squeezed out 325 ??

finch13

Reaction score
Do you guys really need a fuel light to know when you need to get gas? Mine rarely works, when it does it fades on and off at about 1/8th tank, then comes on all the way.

I'm sure there is a set point from the factory that the light is supposed to come on, but all of our cars are worn and rusted differently, so they won't be the same. I've run mine way past E and never put more then 16.3 or so gallons in.

Back