gathering experience

Tectonickz

Reaction score
well, i'm kinda thinking about the parts stores selling the exact same part for two different prices.

Well, you're going to get what you pay for so personally I always save up and do it right the first time.

If your debating on the same EXACT part @ 2 different stores for 2 different prices I would obviously go with the cheaper better deal if they truly are the same. Common sense.

DizzyP

Reaction score
well, i'm kinda thinking about the parts stores selling the exact same part for two different prices. and right now, i'm scraping by barely so options are limited i'm trying to spend as little money as possible and what i'm asking for is things to stay away from not oem vs aftermarket. i'm too damn broke for anything aftermarket that's better than oem. any specific parts or brand names that are almost the same as throwing away money?

Definitely call around and check online pricing on exact item parts. Even on regular maintenance stuff like engine oil you can sometimes get better prices at Wal-Mart vs auto parts stores.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

oakshaun

Reaction score
Well, you're going to get what you pay for so personally I always save up and do it right the first time.

If your debating on the same EXACT part @ 2 different stores for 2 different prices I would obviously go with the cheaper better deal if they truly are the same. Common sense.

no i mean when autozone has two exact same parts listed as two seperate parts. basically the sell a warranty, under a different part number. that kinda ****

xci.ed6

Reaction score
uhm, nobody asked how much you "charge" stay on topic

Sorry that was a relationship of $ to labor, and yes, I do work for cash, at will. ASE certified pro, also cert by VW(barf!), Suzuki (R.I.P.), Nissan, Toyota, and Honda.

But, ya, biggest thing is maintain the car!
Oil,best I found is 10w40 castrol synth
Oil Filter, best oem Honda, get w/ drain washer
Air filter or a/c filter, advance auto parts, or watev
Trans fluid, OEM, Honda!!!! Manual OR Auto!!!
Brake fluid, any DOT3 or 4, NOT DOT5
Window reg, AAP don't work right, but it does work (1/4" of window stays up), or oem, your choice
Plugs, NGK, only, oem type!! not 'performance'!!
Gaskets, oem Honda (all of mine STILL work @ 250k miles!)

Any other probs?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yes, they do have a odd system at parts stores.

Usually they have one part with a lifetime warranty, OR for 25% less, you get a similar pile for a 1yr warranty.

The cheaper one does have a cheaper box, the parts are about the same, usually.

Here:
How long do you have the car? For 1yr-cheap part, for ~3yrs-better part, got it for life though? Go Honda,spend an extra 25% on parts, save it on labor.

Back