Get your Carbon on!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
appreciate it guys..do i need to speak to the admin/mods*if so who do i PM?* before i advertise using there site? im not saying i have a company or anything but its just my hobby modding cars. and i love CF and its a big craze now.

You should check with Cody(Wildman).

Looking forward to seeing you work though.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
update..few pics of 2 layers of resin added..didnt lay as smooth as i like,so ill clear it,sand it,clear it and buff it. the carbon started lifiting a little from trapped air i guess.buts not bad for 1st attempt on a large surface.

pics in the 1st page-orignal post!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
appreciate it..update 2. gas lid..ALOT easier.ha still just resin. gotta clear and sand/buff them.
CIMG1271.jpg

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Gas lid is done,just need to wet sand a buff..Roof didnt turn out as well as i liked..carbon raised in a few areas as well as few clumps of resin.(my 1st time doing this-should have did the gas lid 1st.ha) maybe when i go into work monday ill use a DA and sand and buff it.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
well,im done for the weekend on my 2 projects. the roof came out ok.hopfully i can sand the raised up resin areas down flat enough to make it look better. the gas lid is nice just needs to be sanded and buffed also. pics uploading now..

accordlover

Reaction score
ok so tell me...

What is so special about carbonfiber on your car?

I understand a Hood, and trunk, for "weight reduction"... but I can't help but feel that doing this to your roof and your gas lid is rice to the max. I guess my mentality is just that I would rather have a clean looking, flowing car than a car with bits of carbon fiber here and there. Seems too tacked on imo.

Maybe I'll get burned for this post, but even if the intent was to be more like JDM or something, there's nothing JDM about it.

Either way, you seem to at least be good at what you're doing.

Back