Go Pro Hero 3 or Canon 10-22mm UWA lens

Raul

Reaction score
So I sort of want a new lens for Xmas/Boxing Day. After checking out reviews on go pro hero 3 camera, I want to get it instead of canon 10-22 mm. I just dont know if the quality of the pics will be as nice as pics from my DSLR (canon rebel t1i).

Also canon lens costs at least $600 used and almost $900+tax new. The go pro hero 3 camera costs $450+tax new.

Help me out guys!

Ohsojdm

Reaction score
I'd personal go with the Go Pro 3 only because that thing is indestructible but if its for more delicate and detailed use i'd go with the canon because it would be worth it in the long run

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
What do you plan on using the 10-22 for? I feel like it's a lens that you need to have a purpose for, or you're not going to get your money's worth.

The GoPro is awesome from what I've seen. I've considered buying one for myself just to mess around with.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
If it were for me I'd get a gopro but that's because it fits my lifestyle better and I would get more use out of it. You can mount it anywhere from your dash to a BMX helmet and everything in between. Great for pov videos.

Raul

Reaction score
I want to use canon 10-22 mm just for landscape shots. I think I could get almost same quality shot with a go pro hero 3.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
You won't get anywhere near the same image quality out of the gopro as you will from your dslr and the 10-22. That is the best canon ef-s lens there is.

Back