H22 OBDII ECU w/o immobilizer?

Egi7

Reaction score
Are you auto or manual? If auto, obd2 is easier, if manual obd1 is easier. Auto is difficult either way, manual is pretty straight forward with a obd1 conversion, not to mention with a chipped ecu.

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
i'm auto like you are, but i got to swap to manual like dreman. i have never liked my car as an auto, but just refuse to pay someone for something that i could do myself if i just could find time.

Egi7

Reaction score
If you plan on doing all the work yourself, then youve got your work cut out for ya. Being that you are auto, you will have extensive mods that need to be done to convert to manual or stay auto. Since you are going from auto to stick, talk to dremen, maybe he can point you into the right direction, in terms of wiring, cause i know its a LOT. Along with the long list of parts to convert the auto to stick. Or, if you want to stay auto, I can tell you the long list of wiring modifications and parts needed to get the motor running like it should. I wouldve loved to go stick, but it was way too much money at the time, and auto lsd is very underestimated. Either way, once you get through, you wont want to do a swap for a good while...lol. Not trying to discourage you at all, just letting you know what you are in for.

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
i plan on swapping to manual and getting that running before the motor even comes out of the car. i got to be smart and do one thing at a time. i hate extra headaches.

Acclude315

Reaction score
ok so i went to engine control units direct to try to find the P13-A12 ECU...when i found it, it was listed under the full part# 37820-P13-A12...however the year prelude listed was '93 not '96 (whats up with that)...is this a typo on their part is this not the proper part number for the '96 lude h22 ecu w/o the immoblizer...does anyone know...or know where the correct ecu can be purchased...this is where i went:

http://www.enginecontrolunits.com/products/HONDA_PRELUDE_1993_44719_rnr.htm

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
The ECU is one the hardest Honda ECU's to find, I'll help you out by crap I need a back up my self but I'm willing to help you first. The P13-a12 only came on the 1996 Prelude H22 2.2 Vtec 5spd so there has to be something wrong it does not come on any other year lude only 1996.

I looked under 1996 prelude on that site and came with this one below
http://www.enginecontrolunits.com/products/HONDA_PRELUDE_1996_90111.htm

It does not say P13-A12 it might be a mistake on there site but it's only out of a 1996 which is OBD2a so if they tell you they have the ecu for that spec prelude that I listed above then you should be good but **** they are selling it for $499 :( There are other ways to find this ecu like prelude boards and junk yards I'll see if I can locate one.

I might of found one for now, call this junkyard up below they might try to chage a lot but worth a shot just tell them you want the ecu from a 1996 prelude only 2.2L 5spd and that you seen that they had one in stock

APR USA-CO 1-888-603-7103
http://www.upart.biz/

Last edited:

mdog180

Reaction score
i recently did the usdm h22a4 swap on my 2000 honda accord
im just learning about the ecu immobilzer because my car will not start. i alrdy have the obd2b to obd2a harness. i have the 97 prelude ecu that came with that car that had the engine and tranny i have now. in your post you first said u can swap immobilzers from the f23 ecu to the 97-01 prelude ecu but then you say its prelude ecu 99 and up. so can i grab my f23 imm chip and solder it to my 97 prelude ecu?

The immobilizers in the f23 ecu and the 99-up prelude ecu are the same, rectangle chip that has the code embedded in it. The immobilizer matches the codes to the key programmed for it, so when u swap the immobilizers it essentially swaps the codes needed to start. A guy on honda-acura had a thread on it, he had the obd2 h22 swap, and instead of getting the dealer to reprogram his ecu he examined both immobilizers in the f23 and h22 ecu and saw they were the same, delsoldered the f23 IMM and soldered it into the H22 ecu, car fired right up. The reason I didnt do it with the f20b ecu i had is because it had a different IMM than the usdm ecus, plus i was missing sensors which wouldve threw it in limp mode

bkzilla69

Reaction score
So if i swap immobilizers from my f23a ulev out of a 2002 accord lx 2.3l ulev ecu to an obd2 h22 ecu it will run the car and i can pass emissions in new york state?

mando719

Reaction score
what kind of tune did u do? I ask cuz i am having issue with my swao f20b. it is in limp mode right now. Just connected the p30 ecu, f20b basemap from rywire, with jumper harness,and using the
f23 engine wiring harness, and it is acting up.

Back