h22a

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
retroshark said:
hey, dont moc the SOHC! we can do what a DOHC does with one cam ;)

...H22 can easily support 8psi of boost with 100% stock internals...that's good for about 250-270WHP... get about 1400$ more and you've got forged internals and welcome to 15+psi...depending on turbo..

with the F23, you have to forged it if you want some boost...even low boost.. and F23 don't like high rev too. You can boost 6-7psi stock but for how long ? My friend have a 99 Turbo Prelude, boost at 9psi with internals bone stock on a Garett T3/T4 bbearing...since more than 2 years now...and he's got heavy right foot... H22 are strong.. 92-95 are even stronger because they're closed deck. OBDI conversion isn't so difficult. A wire set to plug your ECU on car wires... plug and play.

retroshark

Reaction score
yea, a setup like that is fine, but you hear about more people blowign up an h22 after boosting it then you do f22's/23's. all i was saying is that the f series have a lower compression so as far as using stock cams, you can, and not have to worry. h22 is gonna be a lot more usable if you want a nice n/a motor. oh, and f series dont need forged pistons to boost. its safe to boost up to around 9 psi although i know someone boosting at 11 on a high boost map and still with all stock internals. either way, if i was building a drag car i wouldnt go with either motors, but for street tuning, it makes more sense to boost the motor you have in your car already, even if its only low boost, becasue a swap and boost is gonan just cost as much as trading in the car and buying an evo or an srt-4.

personally, the best all round honda motor is the kseries. they are rediculously priced cause of the huge demand for them, but those motors are built like tanks and they handle boost really well. im currently looking a a k20a3 and its going for 1500 shipped... im thinkin that its either a dud or its been beat on, but if not, im gonan do a k swap and turbo in like a year.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
K20A3 in a 6th gen Accord ????? 160hp and 132tq! It's not enough to move a EP3 Civic so i won't think about this in a accord.. Even 200hp K24 in TSX isn't so great... But put a K20A2 head from Type-S RSX or Type-R Integra (from Japan) and it will move...but not in a accord!

True that K-series are very nice... I saw a K24 base/K20A2 head in a 2002 RSX and it's very impressive.. Put this frank in a EG Civic or DC Integra and you've got a N/A monster..

Except for a fully built H22 Turbo in a 6th gen, the very best swap for a 6th gen is a J35 base with a J32 head.. You put a the complete Comptech kit, from the s/c to the headers and exhaust...

retroshark

Reaction score
yea would be nice, but im not a fan if supercharging. id rather deal with turbo lag then parsytic drag.

Sonnick

Reaction score
TitaniumACC said:
with the F23, you have to forged it if you want some boost...even low boost.. and F23 don't like high rev too. You can boost 6-7psi stock but for how long ?

ummm...no most people run stock internals on their f23 with boost...where are you getting that? i saw someone running 15psi and kept up with camaro ss and mach1's. probably not the smartest thing to do on stock internals but hey it was only for a short time...most people are running 10psi or so on stock internals and are getting 220-230whp and tq. f series are stronger than you think...f23 is 9:3 compression where the h22 is 11:1 i believe. plus the extra money to swap the h22 in ($3 grand) plus turbo ($3-4 grand with EMS and everything), i would rather stick with the f23, get new pistons, etc and turbo that, and be just as fast and have the extra $$ for some exteriors :)

Sonnick

Reaction score
hmm i guess i was off on the compression. but yea ive heard of a lot of people running stock internals on f23 with boost. also heard the same with h22. they are both good engines, h22 having a big advantage with dohc. i think the f23 is underrated tho. but yea sohc ulev stinks, vtec really doesnt do much until we get a cam, cuz its used for fuel efficiceny :mad:

also...is it necessary to get headers and full exhaust before cam and cam gears :confused:

Last edited:

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
Some of my friend in my Accord Club have to rebuilt their F23 because they made it rev too much in the redline.. They by-passed the cut-off system to get some higher rev and after too much times at 7000rpm...piston rings and other stuff broke. This is all on stock F23 with just some bolt-on like CAI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back