H23 Intake Manifold onto F23 Head

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
i thought it would be a simple bolt on with some MINOR modifications :sad: nvm then lol

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
thts a good idea to run the iab on the oem way. most dynos i have seen have had a loss of power with them removed. h22 aftermarket tb?

have fun hacking off the corner of the im, i enjoyed it, lol

and i did a mild pnp on my intake and exhaust side of the head

AFAccord

Reaction score
i thought it would be a simple bolt on with some MINOR modifications :sad: nvm then lol

It could[/] be a simple bolt-on, but you won't see many gains with all that air slamming up against the ports. The other big deal is being able to control the IABs, and tuning for the extra air that comes in. Without port matching and tuning, you'll still be slow like Badger... :coffee:

thts a good idea to run the iab on the oem way. most dynos i have seen have had a loss of power with them removed. h22 aftermarket tb?

Forget all those aftermarket POS throttle bodies that stick all the time and cost $250+.

http://www.polarbeartuning.com/Throttle_Bodies.html

Four of my buddies have these, and my tuner LOVES them. The price isn't bad either. This guy (Chris) will also be doing my port matching and polishing on the IM.

have fun hacking off the corner of the im, i enjoyed it, lol

and i did a mild pnp on my intake and exhaust side of the head

It'll be simple since none of it's on the car yet. :thumbsup:

NASOHC

Reaction score
Match intake (h23 in blue) to F23 head sample pic. Bisi was thinking of making an adapter but hasn't put time into it yet. Not a bad idea though, good luck. :)

2zs88qh.jpg

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
IMO (now this is my opinion dont feel like arguing) The power you will gain, compared to time/money is not worth it... All motor is pointless to me especially w/ a single cam... All motor cars from my experience (big cams, high comp, etc) arent very fun to street, they have many draw backs... All this time, money, effort etc.. You could be making almost 300 whp with a turbo... Yes turbos have drawbacks too, but power/money >

AFAccord

Reaction score
IMO (now this is my opinion dont feel like arguing) The power you will gain, compared to time/money is not worth it... All motor is pointless to me especially w/ a single cam... All motor cars from my experience (big cams, high comp, etc) arent very fun to street, they have many draw backs... All this time, money, effort etc.. You could be making almost 300 whp with a turbo... Yes turbos have drawbacks too, but power/money >

I respect your opinion, and I actually agree with you as well. The difference here is goals.

While boosting is personally my ideal setup, there are some things that warrant the path I've chosen for the time being.

1. I'll be moving soon to a country where parts aren't just available at a salvage yard down the road, experienced tuners aren't just an hour's drive away, and shipping doesn't come cheap.

2. Going NA will afford me the opportunty to mod piece by piece, leave room for error, and allow me to work at my own pace. The only money out of my pocket will be for parts, because I'll be doing the labor myself.

3. This "all motor" build is different from other all motor builds because unlike H22's or even serious builds like NASOHC's F22, I don't intend to spin the motor extremely high to make power. I'll be happy with revving to 7k, and taking what I can get. Keeping the rpms down also means my torque numbers will be comparable to hp numbers, so driving around town will continue to be a pleasure. :)

4. I don't work at a performance or machine shop, and I don't have hook-ups for random parts that I may need in a hurry.

If my plans work out, I won't have spent enough money to piece together a turbo kit by the time I'm "finished" with the car and ready to move. My projected budget is to spend no more than $1000, and that includes maintenence items like replacing my dying clutch.

I'll be the first to admit, it's depressing to have a $1400 snail and $1000 in other parts sitting in my garage right now not being used. But if I get to Italy and don't have any emissions inspections to worry about, gas isn't $10/gal, i find a salvage yard somewhat close to my house that has plenty of Accord parts, and I can find a good tuner, THEN I'll be happy to boost. :thumbsup:

Cliffs:

Time, budget, and the need for reliability require me to go the all-motor route. F23's shipped overseas aren't cheap.

Last edited:
Back