H23 swap temp gauge

yogib975

Reaction score
Can someone tell me now to get my temperature gauge to work I have a 02 accord and it doesn’t have a plug for the temp gauge sending unit HELP

The engine harness from the F23 didn’t have it

capsidx

Reaction score
There are two sensors on the head under the dizzy. A two plug and a single plug with a green and yellow wire. The single plug is sensor A and goes to the cluster. The two wire one goes to the ecu. My f20b pins were a little different and some of the acronyms didn’t make sense so I ran a new wire to the cluster and now I have a temp gauge. Just note that the engine may run a little cooler or hotter so the temp gauge might not go all the way to half or a little over half.

My f20b for whatever reason doesn’t run hot enough to get the temp halfway on the gauge. It takes a few minutes but I see where it always stops so I know that’s my halfway point. Yours may work fine or slightly lower or higher depending on the temp. Just make sure your cooling fans are working before you go driving hard or at all for that matter lol
fefeebd738d3961d0d97384f1978d9ac.heic

yogib975

Reaction score
Thanks without sounding like an idiot how do I find nd the right spot on the cluster and just a single wire no grounds??

capsidx

Reaction score
I think the o2 cluster is different from the 99 in some ways but fundamentally it’s the same. If you take the trim piece off behind the steering wheel , you’ll have access to the cluster and the wires. look at the harness all the way to the right on the cluster, ie the gas and temp gauge side, there should be a yellow/green wire in that harness there. There’s two different ones. I don’t remember what the other one is for but you can just get the car warm, strip back one of them and splice the new wire to it. If you get no reading, tape up that wire make a new connection to the other wire and clean up the wiring after that. You won’t get a reading with the car off either. Either accessory mode or ignition on. That’s the easiest way because I think plug A on the ecu has different pinouts than the usdm pinouts depending on : which ecu you have, which pinouts you have and which jumper harness you’re using if obd1

yogib975

Reaction score
YOU DA MAN.....thanks I’ll give it a shot today and let you know and you right 02 is different than 99

capsidx

Reaction score
Yea I didn’t see it in the pinouts for plug a which goes to various things throughout the chassis. Just run a new wire to make life easier. How is the engine running? Isnt the h23a different from the h22? I would imagine there are quite a few differences and since it’s obd2 it can’t be tuned.

yogib975

Reaction score
Get really tell how she runs yet can’t see if she getting too hot turns over nicely though sounds great

capsidx

Reaction score
It’s almost guaranteed not to run correctly without the proper ecu. You might lean out since the ecu is for a 2.2 liter and the engine is a 2.3. I could be wrong since it’s only .1 liter but I guess we will find out lol

Vic11

Reaction score
I just installed the h23a into my 02 accord but I’m having difficult installing the vacuum line on the intake manifold as I’m lost to what hose goes where. Thank you really could use the help

Back