Has Anyone Replaced This Power Steering Line Before?

Stanley Tran

Reaction score
I have a power steering leak and judging from the location I suspect one of the lines have rusted out, it is either part number 53671-s84-a01 or 53670-S84-A02. In the attached picture of the steering rack, you'll see those part numbers as item #22 and #21 respectively.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how to replace these lines. I can't find any instructions or youtube videos of it. The only video I found useful was one on how to remove the steering rack. Once the steering rack is removed I can easily replace those power steering lines. But is there an easier way to change out those lines without dropping the steering rack preferably without the need of a hoist??

btw this is for a 2001 accord 4dr 4cyl

d6f83b95f2db58d1798fa96fd905c0e3.png

INK DEMON

Reaction score
You don’t need a hoist to remove the rack on the 6th gens. Contrary to many other models of Accords, the 6th gens have racks with their own mounting brackets, rather than being held in place by the subframe. If you feel that the line(s) you are trying to replace are not easily accessible and you need to drop the rack, you should be able to do so with minimal effort. Just drain the system, straighten the steering wheel, disconnect the tie rod ends, mark and disconnect the steering column, disconnect the feed and return lines, and remove the brackets.
If the line you have noted is in fact the one that needs to be replaced, the torque specs are: 20 lbs-ft for the nut closest to the tie rod and 12 lbs-ft for the nut closest to the steering column.

Volo

Reaction score
I did change the power steering hose on V6 because of the leak of the old one (# 9 on the pic)
It is a pain in a butt, 'cause I had to work undernearth the car. + need a lot of patience just in general.
Not sure about 2.4L though... sorry
9.png

Back