Hello!

Garth

Reaction score
I am happy I found this place! Learned a lot already!
Bought my 02 LX 5 SP from my buddy who got it new. 219K and only brakes and tires have gone bad until the other day when the clutch slave cyl went bad. He did not change the trans oil ever! It did not look that bad lol.
I put factory plugs in it, adjusted the valves (a few needed adjustment) new gasket for the cover and the O ring for the distributor and the heater hose under it and all is well.
I added a few oz to the A/C and back to normal!

The clutch has never been replaced that is crazy! The rear brakes have never been touched either..I do have one question...
I searched this site and no answers....
I cant without moving a lot of stuff...get to the other heater hose....the one that runs from the driver side of the engine to the firewall...
Does anyone have the answer to an easy way to get to it? :)
TIA...Garth

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Should be able to get to that heater hose just by taking the intake tube off. May have to reach with some long pliers for the clamps but should be more than doable with the intake tube out of the way.

btw welcome

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I don't see how the rear brakes have never been changed, unless the calipers are seized open haha. Anyway congrats and enjoy.

Back