*HELP* Cluster Lights and Tail Lights went out after installing aftermarket radio

Discussion in 'Car Audio & Electronics' started by HushMyMother, Aug 15, 2018.

1. HushMyMother

HushMyMother New Member

It is both tail lights and cluster lights that do not work. I’ve read that it could be the Multiplex computer but also a fuse that could be blown. The fuses that I’ve checked all look fine and I don’t know how to check if a relay is bad. Really stuck and don’t know what the issue is right noe

2. RedRyder

RedRyder Be a better driver

Always unhook the battery when messing with electonics. Did you check the small instruments fuse?

3. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon Detailing Enthusiast

Check the small light fuse and the back up cluster 7.5a fuse on driver side fuse box

JWSO likes this.
  4. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn Well-Known Member

^^ Should be fuse #14.

JWSO likes this.
  5. JWSO

JWSO New Member

This happened to me too.
    It was that I wired the dimmer wire into the head unit. YOU CANNOT do this. I bought an ECM thinking it would fix the issue. Nope. It’s the 7.5 fuse that blew.
    Disconnect the dimmer wire going into your head unit and leave it uninstalled.
    The head unit will (mostly likely) auto dim when you turn your headlights on or off without being wired to the factory harness.
    There is a multiplex that redistributes a single signal to multiple accessories at different voltages (see multiplex functionally to better understand).
    The MP is responsible for the dimming of dash lights and will pop fuses all day long with a grounding signal from your head unit when it goes into dim mode.

Try that.

RedRyder likes this.