help.

drifthobo

Reaction score
So my car died at 711 and I couldn't get it to start, had a friend come and jump my car and headed home. On my driveway I noticed my hid's, cluster, and fogs (not sure bout the fogs) were flickering. I turned everything off and wanted to test to see if my car would turn on again... that way I wouldn't be surprised in the morning before school. Well my car refused to turn on and I was wondering what you guys think might be the problem... This is the second time this has happened to me from a 4 month span.

00accord91

Reaction score
check ur battery terminals..i had sorta the same problem cuz they kept comming loose

Stile442

Reaction score
Could also possibly be the alternator. I had this issue a few months back and it turned out my alternator was not charging as well as it should. Autozone or Checkers should test it for free.

drifthobo

Reaction score
Thanks man, i'll get the alternator checked out too... thank god tomorrow is one of my only days I have the same schedule as a friend, so I'll be carpooling to school tomorrow :thumbup:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Im not going to repeat the same advice like a typical 6thgener, but I do have to say everyone else is pretty much on track.

finch13

Reaction score
Could be the main relay sticking a bit... if it's not alt/batt

My guess is battery as well. Replaced the battery on ericthecheat's 6GA last weekend after having similar symptoms and everything is good now.

For the record, you can squeeze a Class 34 battery in there instead of the Class 35 it normally is. Was well worth paying the same price for 100+ extra cold cranking amps.

Also, make a 50/50 mixture of baking soda and warm water and dip your battery terminals in it until it stops bubbling. This will neutralize and get rid of any battery acid and clean up the terminals... turns the water blue and the terminals pinkish :D

drifthobo

Reaction score
I'll try the baking soda and warm water trick tomorrow haha, hopefully no one mistakens the mixture for Gatorade!

jwong512

Reaction score
Also, Autozone should be able to run a test on your battery as well. You should do that while your getting your alternator checked to see if you need to change the battery. If it was just your alternator not charging it, you could have autozone fully charge your battery for you free of charge.

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
im having similar issues....i got a new battery....i changed my alternator like 2 wks ago thinking my alt was shot....come to figure the plug on my alt had no power running to it so my local electrician found the broken wire and put it together....now last nite i see my interior lights dimmed down a bit and my voltage meter on my second batt is showing between 10.8volts and 11.45 volts and it would not go over that....i cheked the plug on the alt and its showing 15.8 volts and my batteries are both showing 11.45 volts....wats going on?

Back