high beam but no low beam? need help asap!!

Hondagirl08

Reaction score
I installed an HID kit (lowbeam only) 2 weeks ago. Now on passenger side the high beam would come on super bright but low beam would flash like it was trying to come on. Then the high beam bulb burned out. Tried switching the hids to see if it was that ballast but it still only did it on the passenger side.... please help asap! Cops are a**holes where I live

99 accord ex v6 coupe

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Bad wire harness? Make sure you plugged it in correctly. Negative with negative and positive with positive.

Check your fuses also.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I installed an HID kit (lowbeam only) 2 weeks ago. Now on passenger side the high beam would come on super bright but low beam would flash like it was trying to come on. Then the high beam bulb burned out. Tried switching the hids to see if it was that ballast but it still only did it on the passenger side.... please help asap! Cops are a**holes where I live

99 accord ex v6 coupe

Unhook the HID kit and plug the normal 9005(high)/9006(low) back in. Check and replace the headlight fuses in the engine bay fuse box(20AMP) and retry the headlights. They should now be working properly.

Turn off the car and re-install the HID KIT once more making sure all connections are tight and secure. If using a 55w kit you NEED to use a harness going to the battery. If using a 35w kit you can get away without the harness.

Hondagirl08

Reaction score
Nothing like sitting walmart parking lot fixing my car in the middle of the night lol!

Sure enough it was the fuse... don't know why I didn't think of that!!
And also the ballast has something rattling around in it so I'm sending that back for replacement!

Thanks guys! Huge help! :)

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
I know it's been answered already. What kind of ballasts do you have? I noticed you're going to send it back to be replaced.

Back