high pitch almost squealing noise

flowhard

Reaction score
So not long after I got my car almost a year ago, I started hearing this high pitched almost squealing/whining noise coming from my car when I was driving and for the longest time I had no clue what it was but it kept happening. After a while I realized it only happened when I was on the tape mode of my radio. (for my cassette adapter). Its coming through my speakers so I know its the radio. It doesn't happen in the fm or cd mode, and you can only hear it when you hit the gas and no music playing on the tape mode. Its not that huge of a deal but it bothers me because I know its there.
Anyone have any clue of what it might be?
Ive tried moving the ground on the radio and it didn't help.

Sorry if there is a post for this already, my tablet won't let me search on 6ga.

FNCONE

Reaction score
If its an aftermarket amp (which it doubt) could be signals and power signals interfering. I'am no audio expert but i remember separating my powers and signals because of alternator whine. If anything try a ground loop on your radio. Maybe an audio expert on the site can help you more.

flowhard

Reaction score
Yeah I have a factory preamp, and it was happening before I added my bass... I'm usually good with wiring but I couldn't understand this one... ill give it a shot this weekend and see if it helps. Thanks

Slim

Reaction score
are your RCA cables ran along side your power wire for the amp? because that will cause what you are experiencing.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Found this link http://youtu.be/rUBNwHBzkiE

RadioShack sells something also, it gets hooked up to your RCA wires, can't think of its name. My civic had MSD blaster which gives you a rich spark,so that was my issue

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Obviously, because the issue was already present, it has something to do with bad ground on your car, you have an electrical problem,if you can pin point it all your problems will be solved

And your head unit only acting as a transmitter

Last edited:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Found this link http://youtu.be/rUBNwHBzkiE

RadioShack sells something also, it gets hooked up to your RCA wires, can't think of its name. My civic had MSD blaster which gives you a rich spark,so that was my issue

It's called a Ground Loop Isolator. And since it's been happening since before your system, it's more than likely a bad ground.

flowhard

Reaction score
One of my buddies told me it was a ground so i tried moving it, but I'll look this weekend for different spots, thanks guys

Back