Homestead TnT (7/10 & 7/17) DUW

Raymond

Reaction score
Yeah, manual mode. If they look underexposed, they probably are. haha. That place is a nightmare to shoot panning. It's so dark, I'm at ISO 1600, f2.8, IS Mode 2 on, and still can't get shutter speeds faster than 1/40 half the time. It's a ***** to get those racing shots there, but I still keep at it lol

xluben

Reaction score
I see. Underexposing is probably the right thing to do to keep those shutter speeds up. I'd push the ISO in post to get closer to proper exposure on the car but what you did with the light you had to work with looks quite good.

d1blet

Reaction score
I see. Underexposing is probably the right thing to do to keep those shutter speeds up. I'd push the ISO in post to get closer to proper exposure on the car but what you did with the light you had to work with looks quite good.

+1. I think you came up with more usable shots that I would have. I think under those circumstances, I would have packed the camera and just watched.

But your resulting shots were great! You ought to do a track day for a local car club or something during the day. Then you don't have to worry about underexposure at least.

Raymond

Reaction score
Back