honda cr-z is official

Discussion in 'Non-6GA Car Chat' started by ryan s, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ryan s

ryan s they dont think it

yessir...goes on sale next year. news comes straight from honda: http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-z/?...E=AT1966&CELLCODE=ZX&PID=A14214497&FROM=EMAIL

AND its a hybrid. thats all the definite stuff i have though...obviously the interior isn't going to look like that and it wont come with 19s unless there's an Si or HFP package or something similar. its still a "concept" but the general car will be built. lets hope they dont pull an acura on it! :thumbup:

2. finch13

finch13 Well-Known Member

It's pretty sexy, not gonna lie... it looks like it would be hella fun with a K24 in it... hybrid FTL.

3. ryan s

ryan s they dont think it

i didnt see a mention of what engine(s) they were going to offer but since it's supposed to be sporty, let's hope they pull an accord hybrid and go for HP over MPG :skurred:

4. DrOwZee

DrOwZee Well-Known Member

front reminds me of an r8

5. finch13

Instantaneous electric motor torque? yes plz

I hope the sales aren't as bad as the Accord Hybrid :lawl:

Ps - it's profile looks like a chopped fit coupe :lawl:

6. Sketch o5

Sketch o5 Señor Greengo

it looks cool, but its a honda product, so its gonna fail in terms of what people think they should do with it....and really should do with it.

im sorry, but im saying its going to suck, haha.

7. finch13

What do you mean Andy, in terms of ricing and building? It's like it come pre-riced from the factory with LEDs and Honda's guess at 2018 M#-style mirrors.

At least it doesn't look like it has a huge gay smile like the new mazdas.

8. CrosCntryAccord

CrosCntryAccord Well-Known Member

i love the throwback tail that looks liek the old crx hatch with the glass portion on the rear, i'd buy it if it looked like that

9. Sketch o5

Sketch o5 Señor Greengo

lol, i barely even know what i mean by that, but i mean it.

like, its a hybrid type, so i guarantee theyre not gonna go for hp over mpg like ryan said they should. just hopefully they dont fully **** it over by putting a civic hybrid type of transmission in it.

personally, i think they should take advantage of the "extreme" body styling, and make it a sportier type of car, (not saying that they were sporty) but like crx's. not this hybrid crap. hybrids are great and all, but seriously...not in this car. keep the hybrids to civics...maybe even make a pilot and ody type hybrid, since that would actually probably sell....as long as the price isnt stupid ridiculous.

sorry, but imo, honda just does a lot of dumb ****. like the element sc, what the ****, seriously. who the hell wants a oem "tuned" version of an element. sure theres people out there that hook them up, but theres no market at all for a sportier version of it...do you see any oem "tuned" xb's? NOPE (and the oem optional head and tail lights dont count). theres more of a market for a sportier version of an accord. mugen si's were a waste for what they were and what their price was. the dealer i worked at still has the one they got months before i was let go....theyve almost had it for 2 years now. every other car company seems to know what cars to make a "tuned" version of out of their line ups, except honda.

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Well-Known Member

Looks... uuuuh.... interesting?