Hondata and the Temp Gauge 2001 Accord

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission Mods' started by Mark2001Accord, Apr 10, 2019.

1. bavarianblessed

bavarianblessed Active Member

Yep, see SergA'a post above. You'll need a 98 or 99 gauge cluster. Run a single wire from the single connector sending unit on the side of the head (under the distributor) to the C2 connector on the gauge cluster.

This sensor

[​IMG]

Connects to this wire - C2 (Yellow/Grn Stripe)

[​IMG]

SergA73 and Mark2001Accord like this.
  2. Mark2001Accord

Mark2001Accord Well-Known Member

Wow I got replies. With solutions. Thank you.

I need a 99 cluster?

No, I never solved this.

3. bavarianblessed

lol it doesn't happen often on forums anymore.
    Yep, need a 99 or 98 cluster and run a wire from the thermo sensor directly to the cluster. You can add the thermo sensor if your head doesn't have it, I made a post on how I wired mine up for my H23A swap here

SergA73 and Mark2001Accord like this.
  4. Mark2001Accord

Will changing the clusters effect the anti theft stuff? Does the immobilizer or key functions get disturbed?

This is great, I 'm gonna get this one finally.

Part ordered off ebay. Local U pull it, turned up empty nothing that specific.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  5. CG5_Accord_MT

CG5_Accord_MT Member

No changing clusters will not do anything with the immobilizer but what I can suggest is that when you do the cluster just take the whole motor, needles and faces and swap them to your cluster and that will keep your original mileage. I have done this with the 01/02 coupe gauges (grey faces & red needles) in my 98 sedan all I had to do is repin in the coolant needle to the correct spot

6. Mark2001Accord

Looks like it might be necessary, they sent me a broken one. How do I swap the Coolant gauge only? That part might still work. If I can bring it onto my cluster, and that will do what I need in the end, it could work out.

7. bavarianblessed

The 00-02 coolant gauge pins are in a different position from the 98-99, they won't work in each other.

02_cluster.jpg 99_cluster.jpg

8. Mark2001Accord

That is unfortunate.

9. DShaw

DShaw Member

hey guys I know this is an old post but I'm hoping I can get an answer here. I'm aware that the temp gauge doesn't work with hondata. does this also mean that the ecu (hondata) doesn't know the temp?

10. Mark2001Accord

[QUOTE="DShaw, post: 1127391'm aware that the temp gauge doesn't work with hondata. does this also mean that the ecu (hondata) doesn't know the temp?[/QUOTE]

Sure it does. Hondata knows the CTS value. I wired a underdash button to start recording datastream. If powerfade gets suspicion I can check it in the trip review.

If knew cel phones and computers, I could load an app that shows Temp ...probably.

I have a cheap gauge, under the dash, piggybacked off the CTS. I know the temp..

I want it on the dash. PERFECT! like all my projects. I bought clusters, coolant gauges...

'Redline Gauges' was the best fix I could find. Replacing the workings, with custom parts to make the DASH temp function, calibrated in a range.

I was quoted $495.00, and let it go.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    SergA73 likes this.