How do you reduce stress in your life?

Discussion in 'Life Lessons' started by talontsiawd, Oct 8, 2008.

1. fothermucker

fothermucker Well-Known Member

video games, listening to stand up comedy (Carlin etc), working out, music, guitar, sometimes a little herbal remedy doesn't hurt either ;-)

2. thomasw333

thomasw333 Active Member

stress, i dont have any stress, we drive a reliable car that never breaks down, but seriously the only reason people have stress is because of things, just realize that u could lose everything u own, but who cares start over, most stress is over money, u dont need so much stuff, just dont care about anything, and u will be fine, now, if u are stressed because u care about other people, well, i dont have that problem as i dont care about anyone, be alone u have no stress. figure out what is imporant in life, i tell people, 1 love, 2 health, 3 inspiration. focus on the three real things in life and not on all the stuff that doesn't matter.

3. cantafordaccord

cantafordaccord Well-Known Member

I have a pretty hard time dealing with things I have a problem wih anxiety and some depression. I find that not dwelling on my problems, hanging out with hyper amped up people, listening to music and acting stuipd has helped me a great bit. I also try to find some time during my week for physical activity outside of work or my family.

those are the things that help me the most I find.

4. RedRyder

RedRyder Be a better driver

It is a little inconsistent that you say you don't care about anyone as stress is non-existent if you are alone, because you later state that you tell people 1 of your top 3 most important things in life to focus on is love...but you can't have love without caring about a fellow human being in one way or another. Maybe you meant something differently, but the way it reads doesn't make sense.

But I agree about deciding what is important in life. Anything in life can go wrong at any point and you have to pick the things that are worth stressing over. You cannot stress over everything that happens, or you won't be living your own life. I guess what I'm saying is don't lose sight of the big picture. Not everything is worth wasting time and energy over...think about it. Keep your perspective on life in check, and your stress will keep itself in check.

As for what I do in stressful times, I first think about what I am stressed over and whether I really care that whatever it is that's stressing me isn't going the way I want. My usual cures include talking to my best friend or girlfriend, or washing my car, or going for a drive. Or both.

You sure start a lot of emotionally deep threads, talontsiawd. haha

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  5. Lxcord

Lxcord Banned

gotta agree Talon is a very deep man, the Socrates of the 21st century :omgbd: