I need critique.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Going to have to agree with Cody on this one.

Based on current modelling standards, they would really have to do a fair bit of touch up work with her. Your pics were good, not sure how much experience you have with photography.

The subject of course is the most important part of a photo, and only because it's regarding modelling, I would say, the pics/subject would need work.

LoveLee

Reaction score
lol guys, he wasnt asking about the girl.

but for all you saying that she would need some air brushing and crap. i advise you to watch "americas next top model". make up goes a LONG WAY for some of those girls. she has that wholesome american look and if she really plays that up it could work out great. though the industry is going for the exotic look, victoria secret like the american looking girls.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
1 & 4 need some work IMO. #2 is definitely the best.

Honestly, and I feel like a pretty big douche by saying this, but modeling standards being what they are, she seems like she'd need some touch up / airbrushing work to get up to bar. I feel bad saying that because she's a really cute girl, but modeling is harsh & extremely critical. I can't say I see her being at that level really.

#4 just isn't a flattering angle for her. #3 seems like its lost between being a close-up shot and being a shot that requires background balance. The only other definitive thing I would say, is that #1 was edited too much with a gaussian blur. If she was supposed to be such the focus in that picture, then the rest of the frame shouldn't be there anyways. If you're going to have that frame, then don't blur it out so much IMO.

Really for her to be a model she has to be comfortable in front of a camera. The only one that gives that vibe off (to me) is #2. The others seem to come across as either really staged or pretty uncomfortable for her.

Actually, all of these pictures are hardly edited at all, the only thing I did was a little bit of sharpening and adjusted the contrast/brightness. On the first picture, I used a very narrow aperture (f/1.8 nifty fifty ftw!) to make her the focus of the picture, but I should have stopped it down some to bring out a little bit more OOF detail.

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
Actually, all of these pictures are hardly edited at all, the only thing I did was a little bit of sharpening and adjusted the contrast/brightness. On the first picture, I used a very narrow aperture (f/1.8 nifty fifty ftw!) to make her the focus of the picture, but I should have stopped it down some to bring out a little bit more OOF detail.
it's called bokeh :p and bokeh is awesome :D

finch13

Reaction score
I agree with Cody as well...

Take her out again, but instead of making it about modeling pics, just tell her to wear something nice and walk around some place fun during the day. That way you can get more candid shots like #2.

And... you really need to find a friend to be your bish for the shoot and hold a http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/358608-REG/Impact_R1142_5_in_1_Reflector_Disc_.html so you can evenly light her face when shes not looking up. That disc will do amazing things to her face and hopefully reduce the red.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I agree with Cody as well...

Take her out again, but instead of making it about modeling pics, just tell her to wear something nice and walk around some place fun during the day. That way you can get more candid shots like #2.

And... you really need to find a friend to be your bish for the shoot and hold a http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/358608-REG/Impact_R1142_5_in_1_Reflector_Disc_.html so you can evenly light her face when shes not looking up. That disc will do amazing things to her face and hopefully reduce the red.

I actually have a beauty dish/ reflector disc, but on that day, I didnt have anyone to help me with it and with the waning sunlight, it would have been hard to get even lighting.

Back