I want better MPG's!

noelaorozco

Reaction score
i usually go when its towards the bottom of the E mark and then fill it up till its past the top of the F mark, whoch reminds me i have to go fill up today

Clindayen

Reaction score
What the .. Are you guys serious ?? By the time my needle gets down to E I go to fill up, and I only am able to fit ~14 gallons .. does that mean my needle will go far past E ? Come to think of it, when I fill up, it never goes past the F line .. nor does it ever touch the F line ..

Same thing for me, my needle doesn't go past F when I fill up. This must mean we aren't using an extra 3 gallons in our tank lol.

1991_geo_metro_2_dr_lsi_hatchback-pic-13153.jpeg
buy a geo

I hate you so much :talk-punch:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I usually went by the mileage and mine had lots of mods. Still got 370-400+ on my autotragic

JackOfClubs

Reaction score
Yeah the needle will go scarily far below the line before it is actually empty.

I'm currently averaging 23mpg, but that's only because the highways and interstate between my house and school/work are very hilly. On long trips of 70-75mph average I get about 29-30mpg. And that is with a P0420 (O2 sensors) and a P1457 (EVAP)

Brad2274

Reaction score
im always low on gas and sometimes ive run it down about a 1/4" past the E, at that point it doesnt start easily and you can feel that it's low. i had it down past the E where i was practically empty yesterday, put $5 into it(gas was 3.50pg) and it brought the gauge up to level with the lowest E mark(so parallel with the ground)
So when it looks like youve got no gas and the needle looks the lowest, itll go lower and you still got a gallon & a half

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^You might not want to run the car so close to empty like that, some of the sludge that collects in the tank may get into other parts of the fuel system it shouldn’t.

I usually go until the needle is a tad below the E tickmark, and when I fill up there’s 1.5 – 1.8 gallons in the tank still, and the needle hits the F tickmark pretty much dead on when full. I get about 23 MPG city and ~30 MPG HWY. What’s weird on my car is that the 1st and 3rd quarters of the tank, according to the gauge, empty quickly. But the 2nd and 4th quarters last longer.

Funny my MPG improved with a bigger motor. :lawl:

…when I fill up, it never goes past the F line .. nor does it ever touch the F line ..

Same thing for me, my needle doesn't go past F when I fill up.

Your gas gauge might need re-calibrated.

gt58

Reaction score
18/19 in the city with average driving. auto f23a4. best ive gotten out of a tank in the city was around 320.

im thinking about a seafoam session and new sparkplugs soon

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
The "empty" light in 6th gens seems to be pretty notorious for not working. Many people have never seen the light come on. I was one of those people. :lawl:

Back