Ignition coil keep dying!

HighTech

Reaction score
I recently solved the problem of my car not starting, it was the ignition coil.
I had it replaced and the car ran fine until one day (day after my grad breakfast) it wouldnt start again. So I replaced the coil and it started up and since then ive had it garage stored.

Today i went out to see if it would start because it started last time i used it and someone wants to buy it and guess what...NO START! :mad:

So Im going to warrenty the coil one last time. But I need to know if anyone knows the causes of an ignition coil burn out or the cause of it to suddenly die...

The coil looks like it just came out of the box. No funny smells. And when the car is running its running great!

99 accord
H22a swap

P.S.
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I recently changed my positive battery terminal connecter cause i broke it off. I changed it with a bigger heavy duty clamp looking one and i left the negative one with the thin stock one im not sure if that has anything to do with it...ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED I NEED THE MONE AND THIS CAR GONE NOW!

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Check the ignition switch and relay. Not to be mean but it's obvious that the coil is not your issue here, the issue is whatever is killing the coil.

Also check your wires because you may have some power drains coming from the grounds around the coil.

does your car have any codes thrown for the ignition coil?

Last edited:

HighTech

Reaction score
Yeah i figured it wasnt the coil, I was told it might be the dizzy but id rather start with the cheapest first since im broke and i need to sell the car.

I did a test with the test light and everything else seemed to be fine so what else should i check?

Also no codes are being thrown when i got the car started before there was no CEL and the car dove fine but i garaged stored it for about 2 weeks came back and it didnt start again.

What wires should I check?

I was also told that he Main relay was fine because we can hear the fuel pump

Last edited:

Alo Gallagher

Reaction score
i had kind of the same problem latetly and we figured out with the guys that was the ignition key. after checking the main relay.

i´ve chkd the ignition key the other day and everything is working fine from now!

cheers

Back