Immobilizer problem ??

Jean-loup

Reaction score
Ok, it happened twice now, today and yesterday. When I turn the key to start the car, the key light doesnt show up and engine crank but wont start..... and when I try it like 4 hours later, everything's fine and car starts well, is there anything i can do? any easy trick ?? or else i'll have to bring it somewhere so they check that -.-

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
did you try to lock and unlock the car? or did you open the car door when it was locked or something? or did everything happen as normal?

PilotingTot

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have a two-way though. but same thing. when you key-on your car, look in the dash for the little green key light. if it flashes in interval, your car doesn't recognize ether the key or the FOB. start by changing the battery in your FOB, remember to always lock your car. that should avoid the Immobilizer problem. if problem persists, get a new chip key cut for your car.

depending on your car, the immobilizer you have does have a 3-5 min downtime. get out of the car lock the doors, walk away (this triggers the immobilizer because your not with-in 15 feet of the car) and come back in 5 mins unlock and start. this works for me every time. Save your car battery look in the dash if the green key light flash then Repeat process. it sucks i know.

Back