Inner Taillights!

Bravesball20

Reaction score
So I'm going to begin a project this month and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a DIY of it.

I'm going to go picking at the junkyard to grab a about 4 tail light harness's and give the inner lights on my 4D some life and splice them with my brake lights to add function to them.

I know most of you don't like sequential taillights :ughrun: but I hope that soon this project will also include them. I have a rough idea but I will keep you all updated!

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Definitely would be interested in a DIY on this, as I was wondering this myself. You only need 2 new sockets and bulbs that are 7443 (dual intensity, socket has 3 connections) so you get the dual intensity function

Good luck!

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Good luck on this project. I have a coupe, but would love to see something like this with some leds squeezed into the center sash and sequential too.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this too. IMO, having just the outside brake lights makes the sedan look like a pickup.

Bravesball20

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it will improve the look a lot and give it some flair that isn't too flashy. IMO, cars look best with subtle changes like wheels and lip kits. Anything beyond that is borderline ricer lol

KombatVirus

Reaction score
So when is this DIY happening? A shop quoted me about 100-150$ for this but with a proper diy I'll try to tackle it myself

5acc0rd4

Reaction score
I had an idea similar to this, except I wanted to make them into rear foglights. Having a DIY for just the socket install alone would be helpful (i.e., placement, backside spacing, etc.).

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
+1 ^

If the socket is there, anything else can be fabbed up. Since the lens is red it would work perfectly for rear fogs, such as those found on the Audi A6's :naughty:.

Back