Innovative Mounts

White6GAV6

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of Innovative motor mounts for my V6, after reading that they are the best aftermarket option available for our cars. So I expected everything to workout, especially since I never read about any problems with the V6. Besides the bolt being too short, that is the case with my rear but my front is fine(weird).

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Nothing seemed to work for me. All the mounts line up and mount perfectly to the frame. The problem comes when I go to mount the center bolt into the brackets on the engine. First off, the side mount seems to be too wide or the metal sleeve is angled and it wont go into the mount. Also, I am only able to bolt the front mount to the engine, or the rear, just not both at the same time. It's like the mounts aren't spaced out right or something. I tried to get it lined up and it never worked.

I even tried to put the stock side mount back in to center things and see how the front and rears lined up and they still wouldn't line up the where I could bolt them.

So my question is, did anyone else ever run into this issue with theirs? Or am I just dumb and doing something wrong?

james'99

Reaction score
Not quite sure I understand the issue. Sorry, I am unfarmiliar with these mounts. I assume the engine needs to be jarred a little bit one way or the other to get the parts to line up properly?

White6GAV6

Reaction score
If I bolt the rear in, the front mount is not lined up. The engine would have to come forward around 1/2" for it to bolt up. And if the front is bolted in, the motor would have to go back around 1/2" to be able to bolt in

james'99

Reaction score
If I bolt the rear in, the front mount is not lined up. The engine would have to come forward around 1/2" for it to bolt up. And if the front is bolted in, the motor would have to go back around 1/2" to be able to bolt in

Does leaving the bolts only started in the front help in the rear and vice versa?

White6GAV6

Reaction score
So I figured out why things weren't lining up before. I went a ahead and took them off and decided to try flipping the front the rear and vice versa, and it worked! Somehow my mounts were marked wrong. Mount marked F went in the back and the one marked R went in the front. Makes sense, right?

Side mount still doesn't fit though

james'99

Reaction score
So I figured out why things weren't lining up before. I went a ahead and took them off and decided to try flipping the front the rear and vice versa, and it worked! Somehow my mounts were marked wrong. Mount marked F went in the back and the one marked R went in the front. Makes sense, right?

Side mount still doesn't fit though

Are you sure your mounts are for the right year and motor? This all seems very strange...

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Yeah it's for the 98-02 Accord V6 and the TL autos. I honestly think that the front and rear mounts are the exact same, it was just a coincidence that swapping them made it work

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
These have been around for so long, I've never heard of an issue like this. Wonder if you got a lemon set that weren't machined to spec, but that seems unlikely unless they changed equipment or something.

When we did mine we first bolted down all the mounts to the frame, then lowered the long block in on a hoist. We kept it on the hoist so we could maneuver it easier and jiggle it a bit to get all the bolts in, then we tightened everything down. So maybe something to try.

Have you called them?

cuba

Reaction score
I have a 98 4cyl and I bought the innovative mounts and i was very unhappy with the fitment of the mounts the original bolts don't have enough thread to see in properly also way to much vibration idk if anyone will see this thread but it's worth a shot .....

Back