It's jerking!!

beans

Reaction score
im just going to explain this on how i see it.

so im driving on the road everything is fine until i reach
a stop.My car has a jerk has soon has i stop,the car will
run perfectly on the road with no jerking it only happens
when i come to a complete stop.to me i dont think
the trans is slipping(pray to god :run: ) because getting
into gears is fine and smooth. a my neighbor told me it
could be the tranny mounts???i dont know...maybe??
So before this problem gets any worse i was wondering if
you can help me out id appreciate it!!!THANK YOU!!!!

RedAccord02

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me .... its your tranny. If you try accelerating while its jerking your gona get a nasty jump from the tranny. Id say try drain and refill your tranny. Do 3 cycles of 3 quarts each see if it helps. Mine still the same it didnt help me none i just live with it and save so one day ill get it fixed or when it breaks down lol

Last edited:

MrLazie1

Reaction score
what he is saying is that when he is coming to a stop, it doesnt really downshift. it goes from 3 gear to 1 missing the 2nd gear. i have the same problem right now. but sometimes when i stop it dont happen but most of the time it does. some honda shop foremen said that it is a sticky check valve. but not really a common problem and still drivable it slippage.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I had the same issue when I was automatic, The transmission was on it's way out when I took it apart. I should have taken pictures. The next step in this process is hard shifts and fluid leaking at the drive axle due to sloppyness weaing out the transaxle seal. Lucas tranny fluid helped, I ripped out the tranny before it left me stranded

Back