JDM F23 Swap (the fall and rise of my accord)

J0hnalex

Reaction score
Whats up guys so excited I found this thread.

I'm actually in the middle of this swap right now! but I have some questions!!!

I'm doing the f23a4 to the JDM f23 but I have a couple questions :mf_pcwhack:

Will my f23a4's stock ecu run the JDM f23 the way its supposed to? should I have any CEL's or any kind of issues.

-Thanks guys

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Can everyone please stop referring to it as a "JDM" F23. Because it's not.

It can be an F23A but it's not "JDM"

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Whats up guys so excited I found this thread.

I'm actually in the middle of this swap right now! but I have some questions!!!

I'm doing the f23a4 to the JDM f23 but I have a couple questions :mf_pcwhack:

Will my f23a4's stock ecu run the JDM f23 the way its supposed to? should I have any CEL's or any kind of issues.

-Thanks guys
I replied on the previous page saying I'm using an F23A4 ECU on my F23A, and its running fine. I don't have any CELs.

thejedimex

Reaction score
Hey guys , im a long time lurker but have found this thread very useful, i recently myself have done the swap into my 01 accord. i put in a f23a into it to replace my f23a4. car runs good.. when you guys said that i had to swap over the intake manifold does that meant the whole thing behind the engine head or just the top part that the egr valve goes on'? cause my guy just did the top part.. also sometimes when i come to a stop my car idles real low close to shutting off but never does. what could that be?
thanks again for the help

mikewohlwend

Reaction score
I am seeing people in here saying they had to change their intake manifold, but did see why. Can someone enlighten me?

I just finished with this swap and the only thing I changed was the throttle body so I had cruise.

accord2slow

Reaction score
Some f23 are different. If you got one with a single belt pulley then you have to change the the intake manifold and top coolant hose mount. If you got a f23 with the 2 belt pulley like a your stock one all you gotta change out is the ac bracket and throttle body to retain cruise control and your done.

mikewohlwend

Reaction score
Some f23 are different. If you got one with a single belt pulley then you have to change the the intake manifold and top coolant hose mount. If you got a f23 with the 2 belt pulley like a your stock one all you gotta change out is the ac bracket and throttle body to retain cruise control and your done.

Thanks for clearing up the pulleys for me. Can you explain to me why the ac bracket needs changed?

Last edited:
Back