JMillerF23A1's Dating Experience....

Discussion in 'Life Lessons' started by JMillerUA6, Jan 12, 2009.

1. JMillerUA6

JMillerUA6 Grillin' rape steaks

As some of you know, I recently joined a couple online dating sites (Match.com & eHarmony) in search of that special someone. I have never had problems in the past with the ladies, but too many times have I met women in bars, and the relationships just seem to go nowhere. I'm getting old (27) and I'm ready to stop ****ing around with these useless relationships. I've had enough practice, and I'd like to think by now I know what NOT to do. I am also pretty new to the area in which I live, so I don't know too many people, so I figured, what the hell, I'll give it a try.

In this thread I am going to post who I meet, how things go through the communication process, and what I've learned from each "match". I'll update as things progress.

If any of you have any questions or comments as things progress, feel free to ask. If you don't like the thread, simply GTFO.

First off I want to explain each site.

Match.com

This site runs about $25/mo but they are usually running some special where you can get a discount. In this site you set up a profile with what your interests are and what you are looking for in a match. While setting up your profile they will ask you a few questions about yourself so they can match you with other people, and there is also a section where you can describe yourself in your own words. All of this info will be public on your profile so the lovely ladies can see what kind of person you are. Don't be a douchebag, be honest!! This site allows you the ability to search for matches based upon location and your own criteria.

eHarmony.com

This site is more structured, more expensive (39.99/mo), and from what I hear...more successful. You begin by filling out their questionnaire, that I **** you not, took me an hour and a half to fill out. When you're done, they get to decide if you're an asshole or not. If they reject you (yes they will reject you), take that as a sign that maybe you should re-evaluate your intentions, and go back to looking for girls on MySpace.

Once you're accepted, they do the work for you. They send you the matches (no searching for others, apparently computers know whats good for us more than we do), and you get to look over their info to see if you're interested. If you are there are several steps of guided communication before you start communicating via e-mail or the phone.

With all that aside, lets get started.......(names have been changed to protect the innocent)

Match #1:

"Lucy" - 26 y/o - Match.com
    [​IMG]

Started communicating with her my second day on the site. We talked a lot via email, and by the third or fourth day of emailing back and fourth, we talked on the phone. Our phone conversations went very well. There was always something to talk about, and never any "awkward silences". For the most part I was very excited about this one. Mostly so I could brag to all you FOBs reading this that another member of TWM stole one of your own, lol. I'm kidding.

So we talked and talked, and about a few days later I was talking to her about my company Christmas party the next night and how I was going to be like a seventh wheel because my three co-workers were all going to have their significant others there. To which she responded, "I'll go with you if you want". I was a bit taken back by this, but I said sure why not.

So she was to meet me at my apartment and from there we were going to go to the restaurant.

I was a bit nervous, but not too much. She knocked on the door, and I opened............I'm going to stop here for a sec to ask you, my reader a question. Ever been browsing Craigslist or Autotrader, and you see a car that looks absolutely amazing? So you call the owner and setup a time to see it, and you can hardly contain yourself because you're so excited to see this car. You pull in the driveway, get out of the car, and walk up to it only to discover that it has little dents on it, a little bit of rust on the rear quarter, maybe a bent wheel or two. This car wasn't as advertised, and you are deeply saddened, maybe even angry that the owner didn't disclose to you the actual condition.

This girl wasn't as advertised. Look at the above picture. Cute right? Well, in this case the photographer must have been using a concave lens, because the camera took off about 80 pounds.

I was saddened and disappointed. But being the gentleman that I am, I said or did nothing to indicate to her my level of disappointment. So we went to my company Christmas party, and she met everyone I work with from both of our offices. About thirty people. She was very outgoing and handled the situation well. Then she drank, drank some more, then a little more. Over a period of about 2.5 hours, this girl slammed about 5 shots of Patron, and had about 7 glasses of wine. Those of you that have known me for a while, know I'm not really a drinker, so this was a big turnoff to me.

After dinner I was just ready to get home and part ways. First impressions are everything to me, and this one was just the epitome of failure.

I called her the next day and told her I didn't think things were going to work.

What I learned:
    ~ Pictures can be decieving
    ~ Asian girls like to drink (at least this one did)

That's all for this "Match". Stay tuned because I have some action on eHarmony I'll post up soon.

Don't worry, it won't be nearly as long......

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. LoveLee

LoveLee Well-Known Member

Re: JMillerF23A1's Online Dating Experience....

lol fail for the first "match" the picture isnt bad though, maybe its old.

JMillerUA6 likes this.
  3. 00Accord4cyl

00Accord4cyl The Orange Skittle

wow takes alot to post up this....good read though, and i look forward to seeing how things work out for you. One of my friends filled out that questionnaire on eharmony, and like you said it took him forever..

Question though..I was reading about your girl on match.com...Does is not ask you more specific questions? Because personally a girl that doesn't drink large amounts like that would be a big issue on whether or not i am interested. So i wouldn't want to have my time wasted, so i would of thought that would of been something they would have you fill out. Seems like match.com doesn't do a good job at finding a match, granted she told the truth on her profile.

Good luck though...i have always wanted to find a girl, but the more and more i think about it, the more i realize i am not ready. More so a spiritual thing, but that is another thread haha.

EDIT...ohhhhhh and LOL at the picture...it is amazing what lighting and angles can do for a person.

4. mista jc

mista jc Well-Known Member

Haha, eharmony. That's great you're putting yourself out there and trying to settle down, aint nothing wrong with wondering who's out there. I do as well.

Sorry about the negative first experience. Maybe she was small and got big, and never updated her pictures. :ownedrun:

5. JMillerUA6

When you fill out your profile it asks about drinking/smoking. For the drinking part you have three choices:

1. I don't drink alcohol
    2. Occasionally, maybe one or two
    3. Regularly

She chose #2 so that's all I had to go by, lol. I don't mind a girl that drinks responsibly. But she didn't drink responsibly.....

6. xi0utlawstarix

xi0utlawstarix Well-Known Member

told you pics are deceiving, speaking from personal experience :slap:
    you should see Fobz pics from Cali studios...crazy photo enhancement.

i need to get back into the dating scene and put my self out there.

so are you still continuing with these dating site?:eh:

7. SpEeD LuNaTiKz

SpEeD LuNaTiKz Well-Known Member

Nice read man I hope it all goes well for you a you meet someone good and hopefully that special lady. I still got a few year before I'm there still being in college and only 20 but I'm getting set up this weekend from my friends girl who is awesome and if her friend is as good as her I'll be sold. Can't wait to see what happens next hopefully better myabe youll get a commercial one day.

8. LitoCG2Rider

LitoCG2Rider Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha fkin funny…poor justin. Lol can't stop laughin. No its not the camera efffect or lens that took away 80 pounds if you look carefully itss there.. welll atleast u know what to do on ur next date.keep it coming bro...

9. LitoCG2Rider

LitoCG2Rider Well-Known Member

Sorry double posted

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  10. JMillerUA6

Yeah, I have a date with a different girl tomorrow night.....