July/August ROTM "lyttleviet"

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Theme for the ROTM was Best Southeast Accord...We had great turnout for the voting...and it went down to the last 30 min or so..Congrats Viet!!!
cover.jpg

Interior
TL-S Steering wheel
Carbon Fiber cupholder
Carbon Fiber center console trim
Carbon Fiber shifter trim
Blue LED gauges
Blue LED moon roof, fog light, and Cruise control switches
Autometer Colbalt Blue Voltage and Amp Temperature Gauges
Black Anodized Climate Control knobs

Exterior
NSX Long Beach Blue Pearl Paint
HFP Underbody Spoiler
OEM Black housed headlights + TSX retrofit with color mod
OEM foglights w/color matched covers + 4300k Xetronic HIDs
OEM MoonRoof Visor
Shaved Rear bumper sidemarkers.
VIS Racing OEM Carbon Fiber Hood
VIS Racing Carbon Fiber Trunk
Otto Racing Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler
Type R Style Front lip
Window Visors
20% SolarGard Ultimate Tint
Tinted Rear tail lights
Smoked OEM "H" emblems

Audio/Electronics
Eclipse AVN6620
Hertz HP2
Hertz HP4
Hertz MLK 165
Hertz ML3000
JL Audio RCAs
JL Audio 2 awg amp kit
Excessive Amperage 200A H/O Alternator
Kinetik HC1400
RAAMmat BXT
Orange Tech Flex

Engine/Exhaust
AEM V2 Colormatched
Valve Cover Colormatched
Spoon Oil Cap
Spoon Reservoir Covers
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Wheels/Tires/Suspension
17" Polished Volk LE28N
Falken FK452 215-45-17
Rays Candy Blue Lugs
Progress Camber kit
Apexi WS Coilovers
Suspension Techniques Sway bars F/R
Cusco Type-OS Strut Bar​

vietqtboi.jpg

qtviet2-1.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg

IMG_8602.jpg

IMG_8571.jpg

editfade2.jpg

editaccord4.jpg

Accordjpg.png

1. Is this your first car?

Yes

2. How did you end up with the accord?

In November 2002 I went to a dealership and demanded the last 6th gen in town. I wasn't fond of the 7th gen interior and worked really hard to get my dream car. Nobody had a v6 in town so I settled for the 4 cyl. which I definitely do not regret.

3. When did you first start modifying cars?

Probably within the first 3 months.

4. Did you run into any problems along the way when you were modifying stuff?

A lot of things for my Iris had to be custom because our after market support isn't great. I also got scammed on my paint 3x and on an indash on ebay so beware! I have learned the hard way that this scene is full of scammers and that you have to stay sharp when dealing with others you don't know personally.

5. Why do you do it? Why not leave it stock?

I always wanted my car to be different. I was inspired by both my cousin and brother when I was younger. After seeing how they did things, promised myself that I would have something simple and clean to drive on the weekends. I enjoy meeting others that have the same interest and this is definitely a way to start conversations!

6. What other mods do you have planned for the car?

I can't go into great detail about the motor set up but as for up and coming mods, I plan on adding some spacers to the rear, roll my fenders, full custom trunk, and my under the hood goodies. I also need to start/finish my CF project (thanks again 99cfenvyv6).

7. Any other cars you're tinkering with?

I have an 08 Civic Si Sedan that I am currently lightly modifying. It gets me from A to B and keeps my Iris safe .

8. What's your favorite thing about your car, specifically? Which money do you feel was your best investment?

My best and worst investment would have to be the audio. I have had probably 15 different systems, and every time I enjoy it even more! I have to thank my little cousin and friends for being around for the process every time and assisting me in the installs!

9. Is there anybody you would like to credit or thank for helping you along the way?

I definitely would like to thank my girlfriend for putting up with this mess of a project, my little cousin chon for being my wingman over the years, my brother for answering stupid questions I have without making me look like a fool, 99cfenvyv6 for pretty being the nicest guy I've met on any forum, Mateus collision in Houston, TX for being the best experience I have ever had at a paint shop (always on time and GREAT price), Stereo-EFX for always taking care of me when I get bit by the audio bug, and everyone that has helped me do anything on this car along the way!

Last edited:

t.blackaccord

Reaction score
congrats brah!
that was a great comeback in this month's race
well deserved!
you had my vote!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
congrats dude. good competition this time around, but you had my vote. love yourcar :thumbsup:

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
i didn't vote for you! wtf! :madrun:

but you still deserved it! :D congrats, dude! :lolrun:

Back