Just finished Retro

crucifero

Reaction score
Just finished my mini morimoto retrofit.

The passenger side projector is too close to the lens and it's angled toward the driver side. Irritating. Don't have time to fix it right now.
I still need to replace the side turn signals with LEDs. I feel that because the thing I stuck the led strip to is recessed in the middle, the LEDs aren't very bright; they are far back.

I also do not think I have a good seal in the back of the projector where the bulb is inserted to. I dunno, I had to do a lot of custom work to get this thing to fit.

Anyways, here are some cut off pics and some night pics of the retro and LED. I'll put more up once I clean the headlight with the Powerball Headlight restoration kit.

IMG_20110717_221728-1.jpg

IMG_20110717_221735.jpg

IMG_20110717_221717.jpg

Last edited:

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
i want to do mine but im skuured. :skurred: and theres a smiley for that.

but yours looks good, yea just fix that passenger then you can walk to your ride after work and be like, f ya.

blackcord

Reaction score
Congratulations. Looks good. Yeah post up some day time pics. Your driver side looks like it needs slight rotational adjustment. Your passenger side need more.

Front led looks good too. What are you gonna use for your led turnsignals? Switchback?

BTW. I know what you mean regarding the sealing of the bulb against the holder!! Frig, there is no seal!!! Right after I installed mine, it rained and a drop got in and fogged up the lens. Luckily it was just a drop and it dried up after that. I just used some ghetto gorilla tape and kinda covered up that area. So far it is holding up good. BTW get this done soon.

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
Use a balloon to seal where the bulb goes into the projector. I am going to do that when I do my retrofit, I just saw this guy do it on a Lexus he retrofitted:
DSC_4635h.jpg

( here is the link, for reference: http://jvxdriver.com/is250_fog.htm )

I am going to add some electrical tape to seal up each end of the cut balloon, maybe even use two of the cut balloons. You can never be too careful. :)

crucifero

Reaction score
That's a good idea. I was planning on making some sort of cover with electrical tape.

I will put up day pics soon, the Powerball Headlight Restoration kit didn't do anything worthwhile..
My headlights look like crap and I can't seem to clear them off. Maybe it's all on the inside but..

I can't adjust the projectors left and right, when I use the knobs on the back of the housing, it doesn't do anything. All I can adjust is vertical!

No switchback, just regular LED light for turn signal. That's too much work.

Last edited:

blackcord

Reaction score
That's a good idea. I was planning on making some sort of cover with electrical tape.

I will put up day pics soon, the Powerball Headlight Restoration kit didn't do anything worthwhile..
My headlights look like crap and I can't seem to clear them off. Maybe it's all on the inside but..

I can't adjust the projectors left and right, when I use the knobs on the back of the housing, it doesn't do anything. All I can adjust is vertical!

No switchback, just regular LED light for turn signal. That's too much work.

What do you mean "That's too much work"? Switchback leds are just pnp. These are what I am referring to:
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-...ED/V-LEDS-TYPE-2-DUAL-COLOR-p7472059-1-2.html

Hella expensive though!!

Back