K&N Drop in filter review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
While your not really going to see huge power gains from a filter change the idea is there thats why between the J30A1 and J32A2 the stock air filters both being paper the J32 is half as thick, so it would flow better, even mentions this on hondanews.com on their archived technical info. Throttle respnse and sound is way better for sure. Had a K&N drop in ram air setup on the J30A1 I think five years ago, going up against stock Eclipse GS-T's :D

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
MQT autoparts CAI on ebay is 35$. PERIOD. then you can spare the hackage of a perfectly good stock intake AKA protecting resale value... people these days...

Namboyz

Reaction score
haha thanks but i did buy another cheap stock one for 4 dollars so its all good. im looking into a whole lotta performace at the moment so thats what i did. im a broke college student trying to make it happen lol whoo

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
MQT autoparts CAI on ebay is 35$. PERIOD. then you can spare the hackage of a perfectly good stock intake AKA protecting resale value... people these days...
yeah, someone wont buy your car since you have the bottom of the stock intake cut out :ugh: come on...

or you could buy a stock intake system for $15 and go nuts and not worry about a CAI.
all you have to do is take the resonator out. there shouldn't be any "hacking" going on
...unless you want there to be hacking :naughty:

the bottom of mine is cut out and the ridges are smoothed out. its loud and deep...there's more torque than an SRI...and its stealth :smash:

jwong512

Reaction score
Where can I find a stock intake box? I have the hybrid intake and I kinda wanna hack it but I want to be able to replace the box back to stock incase of anything. I checked on TasAuto and I can't seem to find it.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it on Tasauto. Incase anyone was wondering, here's the link for the stock intake box.

http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=2817242&d=997&p=3

Last edited:

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i did a hybrid intake about 1.5 yrs ago with a drop in k&n filter with resonater out, i got k&n from ebay 42 bucks shipped and custom cut a short ram intake to make the hybrid intake very easy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back