Keeping the daily beater simple...

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
Building a simple setup for the daily beater- enough to keep me happy as I spend a decent amount of time on the road- This will also be used to compete with when I leave my other car at home.

on to the goodies...

Source:
Alpine 149bt

Processor:
Alpine H800- Rux controller

Amp:
???? ATM

Front stage:
Dynaudio System 242

Subs:

Either a single or a pair of AE IB 15's

accord1_zps45b1b3fb.jpg

accord2_zps5fc45660.jpg

lashlee

Reaction score
Looks like a great start. The Dyn's will like some power. I've got about 150 wpc on mine running active through an old 701. I've got a set of a pillars with the cups molded in for a set of MD100's if you want to try something different. I've been running the 100's, 140's and 170's for my front stage since 06 or 07.

Good luck and keep up posted!

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
Thanks! I was considering pillars but the car images pretty good out of the box- my other car is getting the creative install with esotar/ clarion drz... I swap gear all season long like it's my job... And never finish the tune.

I have a digital designs s4b which would give me 230x2 and 120x2 and a sound quebed 200.2 which was going to feed the sub.. But arc brought out the 1200.6... 150x6 or 150x4 with a 600 watt sub channel...

lashlee

Reaction score
I've definitely looked at the Arc, it really caught my eye. I'm trying to decide between it and a PG Ti21600.5. The PG has a little more power on the sub channel but the crossover is a little more limited. Choices, choices!!

Good luck and post as many pics as possible.

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
The ti offers 800 at 2 ohms.. Which will translate to just about a db... Headroom is nice- but that's not a huge amount.

I've owned the sd line- the new elite line- played with the ti series but never owned them- all of them being good amps...

If you need a hand getting either of them let me know and I might be able to lend a hand.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Welcome to the cheap reliable all-around DD car club. :favorites13:

Nice stuff you got going there. I also liked the OEM tweeter position, but since I changed sets I'm using the sail panels, was trying to gain width. I need to try out the OEM location again.

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
Welcome to the cheap reliable all-around DD car club. :favorites13:

Nice stuff you got going there. I also liked the OEM tweeter position, but since I changed sets I'm using the sail panels, was trying to gain width. I need to try out the OEM location again.

Howdy! It's been slow progress- have a heated place to work but for some reason besides snowmobiling motivation after work is about zero.

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
I got a few moments with the router table- need to do some more sanding and such- then on to carpeting....

baffle_zps501395f1.jpg

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
Did a quick layer of deadener and blocked off the speaker holes using Corian.

reardeck_zpse6303598.jpg

sub3_zps3162314b.jpg

sub4_zps89cce18c.jpg

Back