Knock and Stall with temp

Andro140

Reaction score
After and overheating issue and a replaced radiator cap, things only got worse. Now suddenly I get a regular knock a very loud one coming from what seems to be the center of my engine. I'm a graphic design student and warehouse grunt so this is far beyond my skillset and budget. I have a couple hundred bucks some worn out tools and a can do attitude but this is going to take more than will and elbow grease... I had my car guy look and to his bewilderment there is nothing causing my problem that he can see and got pretty upset about it. It starts up just fine when cold but seems to get worse warm. If I Rev the rpms it dies. If I do nothing it'll stay on a knock indefinitely. I adjusted a weird looking valve that was tighter than the rest that increased the rpms to my excitement but didn't solve the problem. Oil treatment did nothing. I think it's a piston but I'm stupid at best in this field.

Copy and paste the link below...
youtu.be/CIPXkRw8BqM
Here is a video of the noise and me crying pitifully for help.

if you have anything to add or an idea of what's going on please enlighten me. Or atleast try to...

Last edited:

rooky

Reaction score
Dude the diagnose is blown head gasket and you spun a bearing. If you want to fix it on your own don't because the engine block may be warped by now since you revved it up often and the rod may scar the cylinder walls. Just replace the engine and call it a day. :eh:

Andro140

Reaction score
I found some great deals on engines thank god. Ranging from $200 to $600. To have it installed is $800 to $2000....

rooky

Reaction score
Make sure they give a compression reading of all four cylinders to not ripp you off of your hard earned cash.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Ditto, rod knock. Engines done, well you can fix it, but it will prolly cost more than replacing it.

It usually happens because of lubrication. Your oil may have been low or nasty. These engines may last forever if we take care of them.

Last edited:
Back