Lance Armstrong stripped of titles and banned from cycling

Discussion in 'Sports Lounge' started by RedRyder, Aug 24, 2012.

1. CrosCntryAccord

CrosCntryAccord Well-Known Member

He hasn't admitted guilt. He's just stopping his legal process to stop the bull**** trial the USADA is trying to make.

In better news, guess who will be getting his victories:

1999: Alex Zülle (confessed to EPO use)
    2000: Jan Ullrich (suspended from 2006 Tour; banned this year and stripped of all results from 2005 on)
    2001: Jan Ullrich
    2002: Joseba Beloki (kept out of 2006 Tour while under doping investigation, later cleared)
    2003: Jan Ullrich
    2004: Andreas Klöden (accused of illegal blood transfusion in the 2006 Tour)
    2005: Ivan Basso (confessed to attempted doping, suspended)

Good job USADA, you took the victories from someone who has been caught doping 0 times and awarded them to people convicted of or confessed to doping........

for once Roy is right about the backwards bull**** of the US Doping enforcement.

2. Shadow1

Shadow1 Well-Known Member

Re: Lance Armstrong

and they didnt think that drug users dont lie? wow....smart folks they are...

3. RedRyder

RedRyder Save the manuals

And the common sense or logic in this decision is WHERE. I don't understand how the **** people get away with **** like this. How is there not someone in a position of power calling them out on EXACTLY what you just said?

The mind reels.

4. DarkSideAccord

DarkSideAccord nadeshiko fobz ftw..

:coffee:

5. GoldnKnight22

GoldnKnight22 TWM:TLMF

but...but...LIVESTRONG??? :sad:

6. Darianjr1

Darianjr1 Well-Known Member

Youre right about that. But a true fan would believe what they want to believe.

7. SykVSyx

SykVSyx Well-Known Member

As a governing body, you can look at that and say that was a sensible decision?

:fail:

8. CrosCntryAccord

CrosCntryAccord Well-Known Member

only if your head isn't buried up your own *** the way the USADA's is

9. 00Accord4cyl

00Accord4cyl The Orange Skittle

I think this does the best job at describing this whole situation. I love how the USDA is saying since he is no longer fighting it that it means he is guilty. This is clearly just a witch hunt. I find it extremely hypocritical of Tygart saying that Lance has a "win at all cost" and he has done this much to ruin the mans reputation and legacy with NO proof except the word of somebody who doped. They are charging him for things that happened up to 17 years ago, yet they have an 8 year limitation.

I may be somewhat new to how this stuff kinda works, but I never knew allegations meant you were guilty.

The truth!!!

10. hiddengamer7

hiddengamer7 Well-Known Member

Local news came into the shop today and interviewed a few of us about it and we were saying the exact same things. The biggest thing though, is the mis-coverage of the news. He is NOT stripped of his medals, Tour victories or any other accolades. The USADA has absolutely NO authority to do so, yet they are already reporting that they have. They are NOT recognized by the UCI as a legitimate governing authority and they are massively spinning this in the way of Tagart.

I could not care less if he did dope, but there are only two conclusions to this.

Either:
    -He did dope.
    If this is the case, he is an absolute genius, because to this day, he has never once tested positive for a banned substance.
    -He didn't dope.
    If this is the case, he is an absolute machine. Winning against a field of dopers and doing it 7 times in a row takes one seriously huge testicle.

Refusing to participate in the USADA's witch hunt is the best thing that Lance can do.