Light Bulb in glove box

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I like the pure white too, but imo it doesn't work too well when it comes to a tan interior. Which is why I've kept all my interior lighting stock, it bathes the tan and fake wood a lot better than a pure white would, and gives the interior a warmer feeling. But if mine was black...I'd be all over that.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I plan on swapping out my blue interior LED's, they aren't bright enough, so I can understand that.

Have a friend, who is local, that does alot of LED work, he did my map lights and the custom LED's in my headlights as well.

We used test sets for the map lights, unfortunately, the brighter set is actually starting to burn out after about 4 years.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the glovebox is small though......when your headunits in there :lawl:

that festoon shiz youre looking at would definitely light that **** up though haha, especially if its got the smd leds.

as for interior lighting, ive got a pure white 6 (i think?) smd dome light, and single normal green led's in the doors....to kinda blend with the exterior color haha. for the trunk i used two 12" ccfl tubes.​

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
I really don't think the glove box in 98-02 is that small. Bright white led light will make it better to see all the stuff in there and Also I like to finish the white led look in my interior. I replaced dome, map and step lights all with same led white color also the trunk light.

I really like the pure white color these leds gives the interior much much nicer than stock.

it's actually pretty big. i think the LED will help.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I like what you did with the CCFL tubes int he trunk, I still have to get around to doing that.

I think the CCFL/Lexus licence plate mods would be my next lighting change, ir it came down to it.....I would probably consider going back to amber for my exterior lights as well(headlights/Intersections lights, etc).

My map lights have 9 led's in each.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I like what you did with the CCFL tubes int he trunk, I still have to get around to doing that.

I think the CCFL/Lexus licence plate mods would be my next lighting change, ir it came down to it.....I would probably consider going back to amber for my exterior lights as well(headlights/Intersections lights, etc).

My map lights have 9 led's in each.

the trunk lights help SO much haha, its ridiculous. especially if you have a sub box sitting in the middle under the single oem trunk bulb...that things a joke, haha. and definitely do the ccfl plate light, it looks so clean...just make sure you use a 12" tube...the short ones people have used before dont look as good imo. plus with the 12" its continuous lighting all the way across the plate tub...not divvied up like with the short ones.​

Last edited:
Back