Loss of power at low rpms

Quintb2000

Reaction score
Just wanna say this is a great forum. Its because of this place that ive installed my first jdm f23a. But now i have a probnlem. The car has been driving great but im now getting low power at low rpms at some really odd times. When my ac is on and off (sometimes) my power levels are low a at low gears. For instance, ill be cruising along and can downshift and pass but if i turn at a light then hit the gas to downshift and accelerate it will downshift but there will be little to no power for about 3 to 4 seconds then it gradually kicks in. I have a jdm f23a and jdmauto tranny. I know the tranny isnt going bad cause i just got it and the car shifts fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

Pizzaman

Reaction score
did you swap all the sensors from the original tranny to the new one. could be a bad torque converter not locking up at first.
i did a jdm engine and tranny swap and the tranny had to be rebuilt for 2100 so dont say it couldnt be. because it could.

as for oil fill it and keep a close eye on it, could be burning it if it isn't leaking it.

Back