lucids 99 auto lx coupe

Lucid317

Reaction score
So...... I used to be a member on here forever ago. I guss i got deleated but here i am again.

Anyway, i bought this car back in 02 with 50,000 miles on it. It was my dsily driver up untill last year. Since then its sat in my driveway with 237000 miles. For the last two weeks ive been fixing her up. Hoping to make it to 300000 and the 20yr mark.

She is nothing special, but has been a great car and still has some life! Just couldnt let the old gal go.

So far we have,
-new timing belt, removed the origonal with 237000 miles on it. Dont try that at home! Water pump, alt belt, ps belt, valve cover gasket, radiator, radiator fan switch and thermostat housing since i cracked it putting in the switch. :waytogo:, fujita F5 cai, and megan racing ss headers that still havent made it onto the car in over 10yrs...

Put on new pads and cross drilled sloted rotors, debating about getting some coilovers but im still 4x4.

New front bumper, grill, and passenger fender liner.

Just painted the valve cover tonight. Previously painted my calipers and stock rims maybe 3 yrs ago. Diy Jdm headlights i did years ago.

This isnt a flashy car but one that i just love for some reason. Just want to look good and tool around town in.

Lucid317

Reaction score
Ill post some pictures in a bit. Guess i have to resize them on my computer later.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Sounds like u been puttin in some work.. I love having Coil overs makes it more aggresive. Wanna see some pics when u get them up.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What was your old username? Try using photo bucket or flickr to post photos, much easier.

Lucid317

Reaction score
My old username was just Lucid. Talking to sketch to see if i can get it up again. Apparently its still active.

Lucid317

Reaction score
So, 5 years later and I'm back to work on the accord again. As with everything life got in the way. Got married and had a son last year so time is limited.

Over the last few weeks been working on her for an hour or 2 when I get home from work at 3am.

She has been sitting for quite some time and the clear coat has failed bad on the roof and hood along with some other parts of the car.

As stated before just want her up and running to use as a daily driver at times so no biggie.

First I ran a compression test to see if it was even worth doing any work. Cylinders 1,2,and 4 were at 210. Cylinder 3 was 225. So really great for an engine with the miles this on has.

I believe the exhaust leak is from the stock flex pipe. So my next mission was to remove the exhaust manifold. During the process I discovered that I apparently had been missing one of the bolts that held the manifold on behind the alt. Then the one above it snapped while removing it. So two studs broke off in the head.

I had thought about removing the whole head previously to go through it, but after the compression test I was just thinking maybe I'd just leave it on and do the "rope down the sparkplug hole" trick to change the valve seals seeing as I have no compressor. At this point I'm thinking I may remove it again if I can't get these broken studs out.

I have never removed a cylinder head before but I am not scarred to try. Idk guess I'll figure it out. Also, here are those pictures I promised 5 years ago. 20210502_173249.jpg20210502_173303.jpg20210520_123603.jpg20210516_011945.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lucid317

Reaction score
Last night I got the top part of the manifold removed. Here is a shot of the front of the head without the mani.20210523_234600.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back