Manual Climate Control

Jakester

Reaction score
Hey guys, first off let me say that I am new here and hello to everyone! I'm so glad I found this site! MY name is Jake and I have a 2001 Honda Accord EX. So far because of this site I have replaced my cluster lights with ease to a nice blue color!

Though I am wanting to replace my climate control lights. I have a manual climate control and I've seen there is a DIY for the auto climate control so I assume it is similar? My mind is boggling right now because I cannot find anything at all for the manual climate control. I think I know how to remove the center piece, but my main problem (As of right now haha) is I have no idea which bulb types I need or how many, I've scoured Google and I can't seem to find any info on this. Can somebody help me out with this? And does anyone know if there is a DIY for the manual climate controls?

Thank you in advance guys!

Additional Info:
-Manual Climate Control
-2001 Honda Accord EX
-Wanting to replace the Climate Control buttons with LEDs

Thanks again! :waytogo:

Jakester

Reaction score
Ok, thank you for that link, I appreciate it!

Also does anybody know if it is easy to remove filters for the manual climate control? I've heard that you should remove them to make it brighter and I don't know how to do it, or how hard it is. I'm pretty sure I've seen it done for the auto climate control, but not the manual! Also what is this foil trick I hear so much about? Does it help that much? And how does one do it?

I'm a bit skeptic to put foil because it seems like foil+electricity don't go well. Cant somebody help me out with this too? Thank you!

Varnell

Reaction score
I would recommend leaving the filter on first. If you're not happy with the color then work on removing it. The filter disperses hot spots an I've read that light may even show through the sides of the console.

MrBuTcHeR

Reaction score
Removing the filters is really simple, just remove the bezel and a few screws that hold the manual control on the bezel. Each button has a filter as well as the 2 knobs. Once you remove the controls from the bezel you will see how it is all put together. I did not need to use foil on my climate control but with different colors it may vary.

Jakester

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the answers so far. I plan on using white for my climate controls, if that makes a difference.

Varnell

Reaction score
The filter will have the most effect on white LED's; It will turn them a faint blue. Being that I'm a Carolina fan, though, I love it.

Back