mid muffler delete? Success VID INSIDE!

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I searched and found nothing about the 6th gen accord 4cyl.

Alright so I'm wondering if any 4cyl accords have spent the extra $20-$50 dollars on cutting the oem mid muffler and replacing it with a straight pipe or an aftermarket resinator. I still also have my OEM S2000 mid muffler if that makes any difference aswell.

I found a perfect thread, but it was for the 3G TL.

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8707353&postcount=531

That thread had various examples of replacing the stock mid muffler, but sadly I'm not running a J-series under the hood. I've seen people say it will increase the sound a little louder. This does not affect smog/emission aswell.

Why you guys might ask and instead of getting a whole new custom pipings done? Because I'm trying to spend the least amount I can by improving the sound of this little F23a1 on stock piping.

I know the mid muffler is suppose to delete the droning and reduce noise, so for sure it will increase exhaust noise and most likely no performance gains.

If I can get my local muffler shop to weld the stock S2000 muffler to my stock exhaust piping for $40 I'm sure they will charge less than that to cut/weld a replacement for the mid muffler.

If anyone can share their experiences with a mid muffler delete/replacement please feel free to leave your feedback about the simple mod.

Edit:

Compare mid muffler with mid muffler delete.

With mid muffler.

With mid muffler delete.

Last edited:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Re: mid muffler delete?

i think it will be raspy. i know our 4cyl sound nice with no muffler just the mid muffler (resonator)

i would put the s2k muffler on. i

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score

The S2000 mid muffler? I guess I can talk to the owner and let me ask for his opinion about having the S2000 mid muffler on.

I just hate the fact that when the car is getting up to freeway speed from the outside and inside of the car my AEM V2 CAI is a lot louder than the S2000 muffler lol.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score

The S2000 mid muffler? I guess I can talk to the owner and let me ask for his opinion about having the S2000 mid muffler on.

I just hate the fact that when the car is getting up to freeway speed from the outside and inside of the car my AEM V2 CAI is a lot louder than the S2000 muffler lol.
ohh you already have the s2k muffler?

if so maybe get a test pipe or high flow cat. that should make it louder. or even switch the factory mid muffler for a glass pack (vibrant, magnaflow,cherry bomb)

Bax

Reaction score

dynomax bullet?
Johnson had one on his car in the past.

if all you can find is the Walker bullet, it's the same thing. walker bought dynomax a while back.

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback guys. We only have a mid muffler and no stock resinators correct?

hilodaze

Reaction score

I told you the V2 is loud. haha.

truWarier02

Reaction score

Wow, I was going to create the exact same thread yesterday :lawl: Tripped me out for a second.

When I had my Magnaflow muffler back then, I tried to get a little more sound out of it. So I replaced my resonator with a straight pipe and it sounded like ass. The drone was unbearable. I've had a CL-S muffler for the past couple years but I just ordered the same Magnaflow muffler again last night :lawl:

I was thinking about replacing the resonator with a Dynomax Bullet to maybe change the tone a bit while I'm at it. Since the stock resonator is so sound-restrictive and so freaking huge, I'm assuming that the smaller Dynomax will change the tone at least, if not make it louder/deeper as well.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score

I told you the V2 is loud. haha.

Lol like 2x louder than the stock resinator delete lol. Thanks again for the V2.

Wow, I was going to create the exact same thread yesterday :lawl: Tripped me out for a second.

When I had my Magnaflow muffler back then, I tried to get a little more sound out of it. So I replaced my resonator with a straight pipe and it sounded like ass. The drone was unbearable. I've had a CL-S muffler for the past couple years but I just ordered the same Magnaflow muffler again last night :lawl:

I was thinking about replacing the resonator with a Dynomax Bullet to maybe change the tone a bit while I'm at it. Since the stock resonator is so sound-restrictive and so freaking huge, I'm assuming that the smaller Dynomax will change the tone at least, if not make it louder/deeper as well.

Lol I have been thinking about this ever since i got my s2000 welded. Wait so what happened with your old magnaflow and why did you order the exact same one? Lol, im guessing you sold it after getting the CL-S? I'm pretty sure if I have the s2000 mid muffler welded on it won't make a big difference. I want to avoid any drone as much as possible lol. I might try to get a magnaflow resinator or look up dynomax, Tbh I haven't heard much about their products. Time to do some research lol.

Our stock resonators are the mid muffler lol.

Haha no wonder, because I was looking at the vid where they were replacing the stock mid muffler and resinator on the TL-S, sounds very aggressive.

Back