mounting OEM Rear Lip on 98 rear bumper

twofast4u

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a 98 rear bumper (aftermarket) and got it painted. The rear lip mounts fine, but I have no idea where the tabs mount to...Anyone with an oem rear lip help me? I have pictures of what I'm trying to explain.

IMG-20110604-00045.jpg

IMG-20110604-00046.jpg

IMG-20110604-00047.jpg

IMG-20110604-00048.jpg

IMG-20110604-00049.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
There's a template from Honda that you put on the bumper so you know where to drill the holes.

Geewiz

Reaction score
There's a template from Honda that you put on the bumper so you know where to drill the holes.

I was about to start a thread myself about an aftermarket PU front lip I have. It was cheap and is a Mugen rip off, but still urenthane and doesn't look bad. No templates of course so maybe you know where there are links on line to any templates for best screw placement. I'm not sure how many screws for the guy with the rear lip but I have for my front one four self-tapping. I'll probably just screw them in where I have the clamps holding it together in the pictures below.

IMG_20110605_132428.jpg

IMG_20110605_132441.jpg

IMG_20110605_132519.jpg
IMG_20110605_132502.jpg

Any other suggestions? I may want to go with a different lip later but I think they are all drill your own holes on the lip itself and not pre-made holes, correct? Also, would weatherproof double sided tape be an option for the front of the lip or should the tensions where the screws mount be good enough assuming I do a good enough job with screw placement?

Don't mean to thread high jack but similar enough question to conserve people's thread reading and thanks.

twofast4u

Reaction score
The lip or the template? Will the parts dept at the honda dealer have it?

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
I was about to start a thread myself about an aftermarket PU front lip I have. It was cheap and is a Mugen rip off, but still urenthane and doesn't look bad. No templates of course so maybe you know where there are links on line to any templates for best screw placement. I'm not sure how many screws for the guy with the rear lip but I have for my front one four self-tapping. I'll probably just screw them in where I have the clamps holding it together in the pictures below.

Any other suggestions? I may want to go with a different lip later but I think they are all drill your own holes on the lip itself and not pre-made holes, correct? Also, would weatherproof double sided tape be an option for the front of the lip or should the tensions where the screws mount be good enough assuming I do a good enough job with screw placement?

Don't mean to thread high jack but similar enough question to conserve people's thread reading and thanks.
That's not a Mugen lip, but with those you generally are just going to have to make your own holes. There are no templates for those types of lips, you just need to add tape and screw it in.
The lip or the template? Will the parts dept at the honda dealer have it?
There is a template that is made of paper where you line it up on the inside of the rear bumper and drill holes. There is no way to mount that to your car securely without the template really. Kind of sucks that the design requires you to put holes into your bumper but the plus side is that it'll be virtually impossible to have the lip stolen. The parts department should have it.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Yeah I never knew about it until I did the 98-00 rear bumper conversion and the body shop had no idea how to mount the lip. Luckily I had access to the template though.

Back