My Custom Exhaust

ryandude

Reaction score
So I recently just did some custom exhaust work on my V6 and it sounds pretty amazing. I first took off the two stock muffler and replaced them with some universal magnaflow mufflers. I immediately noticed a difference in the exhaust tone. However I wanted it to be little louder so I went ahead and deleted the pre-muffler ( that thing between the resonator and the mufflers ). This made a big increase in noise volume.

After deleting the pre muffler I began to get this annoying drone between 1500 - 2200 rpms. Will adding an aftermarket resonator help?? if so what kind and where can I buy it?? the drone is not that bad but can get annoying when trying to talk to my passengers.

here's the vid. as always it will sound better in person.
I will post some more pics and other vids later on.
heres the link:
http://youtu.be/OLTHgn1zLjg

914rr

Reaction score
Hey what kind of magnaflow mufflers are those? Do you have a model #? I need to change my mufflers and I like the look of those!

ryandude

Reaction score
the mufflers are magnaflow 12215. I suggest you get the polished stainless steel ones since these look a little ugly. But I was able to buff mine out with some metal polish.
I also installed some chrome tips at the end of mine.

They are very good quality mufflers and produce great sound.
Btw they do produce some drone. So I installed a magnaflow resonator to replace my stock resonator which did help.

Back