Mystery Buttons?

SherlockOhmz

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased an 02 coupe exl from a retired couple who purchased it new:) . Very close to interior light right above the windshield there are 3 small buttons and when I push any of them a lil red light flashes. Can someone please tell me what they are for? There is also another power switch to the left of the sunroof button I have not figured out yet either. Any help appreciated thanks.

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
Three small buttons can be programmed to open your garage door.

Switch next to the sunroof switch, I'd say it's driver installed and you're on your own with that one.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
wind shield ones may be a homelink type think

the ones by the sunroof switch are
foglights-cruise-sunroof

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^lol

Top three are for Homelink, which you have to program to use. As for the one next to the sunroof, is it a factory switch? If so, should be cruise control or for fogs.

chaby_91

Reaction score
or you could not program them, drive by their house and open & close their garage lol

Last edited:

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
homelink ftw. i replaced my standard map lights with a homelink unit... got it for $3 at the junkyard :afro:

SherlockOhmz

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. Funny thing is after I bought the car the previous owner had called me because he left his garage door opener in it. I guess he didnt know what it was either. Can anyone tell me how to program the transmitter or link me to this info? I have checked the manual but I cant find anything about it. The manual I have is for an 02 accord but not my model. This is a huge change for me. My 98 Civic hatchback has am/fm radio...it doesnt even have an internal release switch for the hatch. Have to use the key everytime LoL!

Back